eleven

one year earlier

...

he captures the attention of the entire room as soon as he walks in. he's gorgeous, a different kind of beauty that zayn isn't used to seeing around campus. he's instantly enthralled by him.

"who's that?" he asks his friend, liam.

"that's harry," liam says.

"you know him?" zayn asks.

"yeah, everyone does," liam replies. "yo, styles!"

"what are you doing?" zayn turns to liam, embarrassed. he just wanted to know who he was, he didn't plan for the other guy to come over.

"introducing you," liam shrugs.

harry turns to where he heard his name called and smiles when he sees liam. he practically springs to come over to meet them, zayn doesn't think he's ever seen someone so cherry. he shines like a star too.

"hey liam," harry says, then turns over to look at zayn. he smiles again, this time zayn can see that his dimples and he thinks it's the most attractive thing ever. "hi."

"h-hey," zayn stammers. "i'm zayn."

"i'm harry," he says.

"zayn's new," liam says. "could you show him around? i would but i have a class."

zayn glares at his friend, liam doesn't even attend classes so he's lying. liam gives him a wink when harry isn't looking.

"sure," he says. "where you headed?"

"the administrative office," he says.

"oh that's not too far from where i'm going," he says, offering his hands to zayn. zayn takes an embarrassing long amount of time before he gets his brain to realize that harry wants them to hold hands.

he's very forward.

he slowly places his hands on harry's. he gulps, how the hell is hand holding affecting him this much? he feels like a fifteen year old kid with a crush.

"are you new?"

"kinda. i'm not a freshman, i just transferred," he says.

"how do you know liam then?"

"i buy weed from him," zayn admits.

harry laughs, the sound of his laughter is very pleasing to zayn's ears. he wants to hear more of it.

"well this is your spot," harry says as they arrive at the building.

"oh," zayn says, disappointed. he didn't realize the walk would be so short, he wants to spend more time with the stranger.

"do you have plans later tonight?" harry asks. zayn instantly perks up at that.

"no, not at all. why?"

"well i'm throwing a party and i want you to come,"

"i'd love to," zayn says.

"great. i'll give you my number, text me," harry says. zayn fetches his phone out of his jacket pocket with shaky hands due to excitement and opens his phone app. harry saves his number in the phone.

"see you around zayn," he says, showing off his pearly white teeth and dimples again. "oh, and come alone." he says before leaving.

zayn almost dances in excitement as he watches him leave. how did he get so lucky?

zayn couldn't keep his eagerness to see harry again down all day, he texted harry as soon as he could, and now he's on his way to harry's address.