twenty-two

if you'd have told harry a few days ago that he'd be back in zayn's arms again he wouldn't believe it.

but here he is, in zayn's apartment. in zayn's bedroom. in zayn's bed. in zayn's arms. like nothing in the world is wrong.

"zayn?" harry calls his name. "are you awake?"

"yeah," zayn replies. "what's up?"

"are you still talking to caleb?" harry asks. it's been on his mind ever since they made up, but he was scared to ask zayn about it because he didn't want to hear an answer that can hurt him.

"oh," zayn says. "i don't know."

"you don't know?" harry frowns.

"i mean, no, we spoke some days ago. but i haven't spoken to him since then," zayn replies.

"have you officially broken up with him?" harry asks.

"of course. i wouldn't be here with you if i hadn't,"

"i don't know. i mean, you did kiss me at that party while you were still with him," harry says, chuckling lightly. zayn pinches the side of his stomach.

"hey, i can recall you kissing me first that night. you know i can't resist you," zayn says.

"yeah?" harry says, blushing.

zayn pecks his cheeks slightly. "yeah."

"do you still have feelings for him?" harry asks.

"um, i'm not sure if i still do. whenever i think about him, i feel guilty because i used him as a rebound, so i don't like to think about him. it was so shitty harry, i knew i still had feelings for you yet i jumped into a relationship with him. that was a dick move," zayn confesses. he should've waited before dating caleb, but the boy didn't give him much of a choice. and zayn didn't want to lose him so he decided to date him.

"i feel guilty too," harry admits. "i spoke to him at that party where we kissed. and i said some not so nice things to him."

"he told me about that. i don't think you should worry about it too much, i was the one that really hurt him," zayn says. "i spoke to him recently."

"yeah? about what?" harry asks, curious.

"he wanted me to take his virginity," zayn admits.

harry's eyes go wide. "what? did you agree?"

zayn shakes his head. "no, but i considered it in that moment. i was never going to follow through with it."

harry is still disbelieved that caleb is a virgin. he can't imagine being in that situation, not like he liked his first time, it was with a random person but still.

sex is something his whole adult life has been centered on. without that, he doesn't think he'll be the same person.

he'd probably have been a better person if he hadn't hooked up with all those people. if he hadn't slept with zeke, if he hadn't cheated on zayn.

but then he probably wouldn't have met zayn. liam wouldn't have introduced them together, they'll just be casual strangers.

or he could've been like caleb.

but he's glad that he's not, without all his experiences from his past, him and zayn wouldn't have this moment right now. and he'll go through everything again just to be with zayn as he is right now.

"i hope he finds the right person," zayn says honestly, wishing the best for him. harry is slightly jealous, he's always been of their relationship and he wants to know more about it but he doesn't think that it's appropriate to ask.