Chapter 33

"Aba you guys have to go" I spoke to the crowd, my fear and anxiety taking over.

Dad glanced around staring at the rest of the villagers, they all seemed unsure.

" Inaya beti I told you we cannot leave our home, our ancestors"
(Daughter)

"That's why I'm staying, I won't let anything happen, I promise dada" I mumbled quietly.

"Inaya you will not stay! I will not leave you" mum yelled stalking towards me with a sleeping Khawlah.

" I have to"

"For what, if we leave you leave!" She screamed, sadness and anger floating through her words.

"Ama"

"I'll stay too" Hussain pushed through the crowd until he was in front of us holding a large machine gun.

I shook my head instantly.
"No, Hussain I will not let anyone else stay, you need to protect them, you need to make sure our families are safe"

"Inaya I can't leave you" he mumbled worriedly, I love him to bits and I can't risk anyone's lives.

"I promise I will be more than ok, I'll come to Hayah once we've gotten rid of them" backing away from the crowd I nodded my head "Everyone go home and grab as much as you can, the Indians will reach within 3 hours"

Some people began to scatter yet a few stayed. I know they feel like shot for leaving but this is our only option. Inshallah it'll be safer for them in Hayah, there's no way the Indians will go there as it is very much out of the way.

Dada Jameel came up to me slowly, his walking stick trembling in his hands.

"Inaya I'm not saying you can't do it but I don't want you to stay, anything can happen." He mumbled placing my head on his chest, his trembling fingers gently stroking my scarf.

" I know but again dada I won't let anyone take over our land, I won't allow it to happen"

There's a chance once the Indians leave Vladimir might take his shot and destroy the village or not let us back in. Even though he's helping I don't trust this man as far as I can throw him.

He gently kissed the top of my scarf before ambling away sadly.

Before I could head into the house mum grabbed my arm.
"Puthar stop it I don't want to lose you, why are you giving yourself up like this, the men can fight" she whisper yelled furiously.

"I know they can, but so can I, ama I want to stay, I want to protect our land please let me"

I know I won't be able to leave especially not now. I've fought too hard just to walk away. Once we get rid of the Indians I'm going to get rid of the Russians with Ziraar bhai and then hopefully we will be ok.

I'll get Ziraar bhai to call the UN, I don't care if their corrupt, if I can get through to The Hague we can fight the case.

I'm going to take Haider Ahmed, the Prime minister of Pakistan to The Hague, that's what I'm going to do. That's my end goal.

Taking Khawlah from mums arms I headed into the house, one last feed baby. Who knows when I'll see you next.

Tears began to fall as I lifted up my kameez, Khawlahs dark brown eyes glanced up at me, the innocence and life in them is what I want to keep alive.

No one will be safe here if Ziraar and Vladimir are right, they're going to come in with bombs.

If there's any elders here they'll be murdered, there's no way they'll survive it.