Chapter 21

She got 20 responses so as promised!!!!!

You guys are amazing.

Authors note: The Ravens will be speaking Urdu.

I also do not speak Urdu I speak Pothwari so some of my translations may be of 😭😂

30 minutes, we have 30 minutes.

Adrenaline pumped through my body allowing me to move.

Running home I pulled dad into the home, he seemed confused but nevertheless follows me.

" dad take mum and Khawlah to the basement, I'm sending all the other elders here." I rushed out checking the locks on the doors.

" beti what's happening" he asked worriedly chasing behind me.

Turning around I grabbed his shoulders so he'd stop moving.
" the Ravens are coming aba, the Russians have left"

" ya Allah"

" I'm coming back ok just hide"
I kissed both their foreheads before running outside. The field was the closest place.

People were already stood in confusion. Amina pushed past the people and ran up to me worriedly.

" what's going on"

"The Ravens are coming we need to get prepared" I said, everyone's faces dropped. They know this is much worse than the Russians.

" whoever wants to run can run, run now! But our elders won't make it, they'll be here in 30 minutes." I watched as everyone began mumbling to one another, there's nothing else we can do if we want to protect our parents.

" guys please, who's with me and who wants to run, we need to sort this out"

Slowly everybodies hands went up, uncertain looks hidden behind a  confident facade.

" we will fight" Amina said confidently, nodding my head I inhaled a breath of relief, I wouldn't have been able to do anything alone. Not in my state.

After what I did last night I don't think I can carry on for more than an hour, but I'll fight. I'll fight till my last breath.

" ok everyone listen to me"  the scattered people gathered around me.

" we need people to protect the elderly, women and children"

Adnan, Aqib and Umera's hands shot up.

" you 3 take everyone from hala Nazias to my house. The basement has a triple lock find some guns first"

They immediately ran towards the home with shovels in their hands.

I was about to give the next set of orders when Shazeb took a step forward, disgust plastered on his face. I could already sense the judgement, he's going to say something based on a rumour that has spread.

" why should we trust you" he spat.

Oh God

"What do you mean"

"Dad told me your having an affair with the Russian man" he spoke mockingly, are you kidding me right now, we're literally about to be attacked yet this man wants to start.

" I was not and now is not the time, please save your judgment till after" I seethed.

"Fine, Russians whore" he mumbled under his breath, oh God stay calm woman, don't kill him yet.

Ignoring his remark I continued.

" the rest of us willing will spread out on the roofs, I think the Russians left weapons in Mava's house, Amina and Ali go check" they both ran of without a thought.