Chapter 41

"Vladimir what are you going to do?" Uncle asked filling up a glass of scotch.

Taking it from his hands I downed it quickly, the stress of today and the situation ahead weighing down on me.

" the only thing we can do"

" which is? cousin we are not mind readers" Vadim snorted taking a seat in front of me, rolling my eyes I leaned back on the sofa.

There's not much we can do, if make this situation known her whole village will be massacred. I fucking hate to say it but I wouldn't like that, no matter how much of a hell hole that place was there was always an overwhelming homely feeling there.

The day we got married and I had dinner with the villagers everyone seemed to forgive my sins, they even thanked me for getting there first. I did a lot of fucking shit, what sane humans would do that.

Kind ones.

But obviously Inaya didn't mix she didn't even want to marry me but I forced her too.

Fuck why is my logic coming back now, I should have fucking ignored her from the start. If I did I wouldn't be here right now and honestly I wouldn't care for the villagers at all.

But here I am, holding a dead families baby married to a woman who doesn't want to be with me with armies after us.

Fucking great.

" The Hague" I mumbled rubbing my 5 o clock shadow lightly, if this is the only way we must do it.

Uncle placed his glass on the table harshly, a look of distress taking over his features.

"My son you will be arrested"

"I'll think about that later"

Right now prison doesn't matter, they'd be total fuckers to see evidence of a military attack on a small village and be like hmm let me arrest you for murdering a few people here and there.

Well more than a few people, few thousand.

"Why don't you just leave it, keep Inaya and forget about her family"  uncle tried to reason calmly, Vadim immediately shook his head. I wonder why the fuck he wants her to stay.

Forget it Vladimir, now is not the time "We will leave Khawlah with you"

"Fuck yeh! This house is so damn boring" Vadim yelled punching the air in excitement, I know I can trust this man to take care of her.

If anything happens to her though I'll go fucking ballistic.

Taking a seat I was about to relax for a minute when Inaya came back inside, some hair peeking out of her scarf once again.

Khawlah held tightly within one arm and the sword dangled in the other.

"Inaya darling you can put the sword down" uncle laughed motioning for her to calm down a little. She nodded her head and placed it by the wall before heading towards me.

"C..can you hold her, I need to go to the toilet" she mumbled placing Khawlah in my hands, I nodded my head placing the baby on my chest.

Inaya quickly scurried of towards the toilets.

Uncle leant forward, a look of worry etched on his old features.
"Son you have grown quite fond of her child, you do understand she's not biologically yours right. She can't be next in line"

For some odd reason this angered me, I understand where he's coming from but I don't care. No one should speak on that matter until I fucking decide it's necessary.