Chapter 51

We're alive, Allah we're alive my babies ok. Red embers floated around us as my heartbeat began to calm down.

Vladimir lifted his head from the ground before placing it on my chest "fuck" he whispered tiredly.

"Inaya-"

Before he could continue I interrupted him, there was so much adrenaline running through us in the past 30 minutes I need to know if what he said was true. He could have lied to me with ease so I listened to him.

"Can I ask you one question?"

"Hmm" he mumbled gently raising his body from the ground, sitting up I placed a hand on my stomach. The feeling of the bump somehow calming me down.

"Do you love me enough to stay?" I asked sadly, Vladimir glanced at the trees around us, his eyes becoming glossed over.

"Inaya you don't understand" he spoke with a sad sigh, Allah what does he mean. Gently standing up I motioned for him to go on.

"Understand what?"

He scoffed and nodded his head frustratedly "To protect you, Khawlah and my unborn child I must go"

Protect us, Allah we almost died in a fiery blast because a man dislikes him.

"You keeping us hidden hasn't protected us! We almost died" I yelled tiredly, I can't have this argument again. Vladimir ran a hand through his hair frustratedly.

Allah what is going on, I can no longer fight for a love that he won't fight for. This isn't working.

Vladimir scoffed, he grabbed my arms and pulled me close.
"What? will bringing you back to Russia keep you safe! Will keeping you by my side keep you safe! Inaya I may love you with every piece of my dark heart but I can't do anything about it" he growled.

My body shook in pain, what is this, he loves me but he can't stay, he loves me but he's ok leaving me pregnant and alone.

No, no I can't be weak. Wiping the treacherous tears I shook my head.

" I hate you" Vladimir tried to pull me closer but I pulled away with anger " I hate you for making me fall in love with you, I hate you for making my life unliveable without you, I hate you I hate you I hate you!" I cried bashing my hands at his chest

He gripped my cheek with one hand and grabbed my fists with the other, his anger prevalent.
"Suck it up your not a child" he growled, I gasped at the hold.

What have I done wrong! What have I done to make him be the one who's mad at me.

I'm in the right here.

"This isn't what love is supposed to be" I couldn't help but say tiredly, a sad laugh escaped his lips.

" this isn't a normal situation detka"

No this isn't, I can't keep putting myself through this Allah. Vladimir will only break my heart again and again.

Khawlah and our child are going to go through so much, a dysfunctional family. A father who leaves and comes back. A mother with barely any mental stability.