Chapter 9

SURPRISE

His strong gaze didn't waiver as I continued crying. Why is this happening to me.

I was barely able to get a word out when Vladimir grabbed the top of my scarf and pulled it down gently, his fingers pulling my hair band as he reached it.

No, no.

My long caramel hair fell at my hips, I  instantly felt numb, I wanted to feel angry, I need to be furious with his disgusting action.

But my body just needed to get away, his closeness is debilitating.

I quickly grabbed my scarf and wrapped it around my head, I don't know why it took me so long.

"You took what you wanted, can I go now" I begged as he was unable to even move his gaze. Vladimir's eyes seemed glazed over with an unknown emotion.

" why would you hide such beauty" he muttered staring at the tendrils that littered my face, ya Allah help me.

"For this exact reason" I tucked any remaining hair under the scarf before turning away, ashamed. My eyes still unable to meet his.

" can I go please"  he gripped my chin forcing me to look into his brooding gaze. He seemed to be analysing my reaction before turning around and placing his rough hands in mine.

"Yes"

We reached Mava's house within minutes, as we went passed the room I slept in I attempted to pull away.

" my room" I mumbled when he turned.

" your sleeping with me"

" no, you promised you'd let me go"

" I am but I still don't trust you, continue to fight me and we will have another game but this time you won't make it out alive to protect anyone." He said tiredly, opening the room door he pushed me inside and sat on the bed.

My body stood frozen by the door as he began undressing.

"sleep there" he said pointing at the Khatt (Or Manji, where I live we call it Khatt, it's a string bed)

I quickly ran towards it and pulled the blanket over my shaken, scared body. Oh God this feels good, I haven't felt such warmth in so many nights.

What was that, Allah I want none of this.

I'm so sorry for allowing him to see my hair. My beauty is meant to be covered not shown, it's meant to be protected yet he just did that.

If this is a test I don't know how I'm going to do this Allah but I cannot give up.

I'm not sure if anyone else in the village has a plan but it's doubtful, their constantly on watch. Im the only one with slight freedom and now that's gone to.

....................

My body naturally woke at 5am, pulling the covers away I glanced towards the occupied bed. He's still asleep.

Bismillah.

I gently sat up and ensured my scarf was on. I know he saw my hair yesterday but let's not let my internal guilt become worse.

Sliding my slippers on I hurriedly left the room.

I had a quick shower in the spare bathroom and changed out of the dirty clothes. I cannot believe I slept in them last night. Pulling on a light blue kameez I draped a white scarf over my head and left quickly.