Chapter 24

Gently sitting on the step I leaned onto the wall, can we do this.

We have to do this, there's no way we can leave people behind.

How were we supposed to run in the first place, the roads are blocked by the Russians and the only road in and out  might be compromised.

" ya Allah Inaya your bleeding"

" I'm fine ama" I answered, picking Khawlah up from her arms I hugged her sleeping body close. This is what we have to do.

" who wants to leave?" I asked quietly, everyone became silent.

" don't be scared to say it, if you want to you can and no one will think any less of you"

Again no one put their hands up. Guess we're fighting till death then.

Handing Khawlah back to mum I got up, I don't even know what to do anymore, my whole being is lost.

"I'm going to change ama" she nodded her head.

Pushing my self up the staircase I was stopped by Hussain, he had a few bags of food and blankets hanging of his body.

"We can't leave" I mumbled quietly, his face dropped in worry.

" Inaya they'll kill us all"

" that's a risk we're going to have to take, no one wants to leave" I mumbled quietly fumbling with my scarf " I'm going to go change, please give everybody food"

Hussain nodded and headed into the basement defeated. I stumbled towards my room tiredly, the blood loss slowly getting to me.

I don't think the slashes are deep but they are beginning to hurt.

Entering my room I was about to grab some clothes when a loud bang resonated through out the home, oh no.

My first instinct is to protect.

I ran to the basement and locked the door sliding the key underneath.

Just as I turned to grab the gun laying by the door the front door fell to the ground with a thud.

Oh God, Vladimir. My body froze instantly.

" run" he ordered stalking towards me, fury radiating of him.

My body wouldn't move.
" I can't"

A growl escaped his lips, he stormed towards me quickly, like a predator approaching it prey.

I was in shock, I couldn't run or hide. The blood loss and pain slowly taking over.

Once he was close enough Vladimir gripped my plait through the scarf resulting in a wince escaping my lips.

" let go" I mumbled gripping his hand, he only pulled the other one away too.

" Never"

A weird glint shone through his dark orbs, what the hell was that. He pulled on my hair tighter before dragging me out of the home by my hand.

No no no.

" VLADIMIR STOP!!" I yelled dragging my feet.