Chapter Sixty ( edited )

60

You have to eat something " Nadia fussed at Derrick as he sat in her living room smoking a blunt .

" I told you I wasn't hungry " He said waving her off .

" You have to be hungry you ain't eat in three days . I'm worried about you , I know you're trying to put on a strong face for your daddy and your siblings but it's ok to cry " She said.

" I'm good Nadia , I don't got time to cry after I make the arrangements and I lay my little sister to rest properly i'm going to go kill every last one of them niggas " He said causing her to sigh .

" Look , I know you're upset about what happened but you can't just go out and start killing people . What about Damari ? " She asked .

" What does any of this have to do with Damari ? " He asked looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

" Anything can happen , you could get caught and go to jail or they could kill you first and Damari won't have a dad " She tried to reason with him . She wasn't trying to have a repeat of what happened with her first love .

" Nadia get out my face with that dumb shit . I'm doing this for Damari because these niggas targeting everybody I care about so if I gotta die taking them out ima die , even if I go jail for killing them i'll gladly accept my sentence but I know one thing ima make sure my family good first before I go out " He said .

" So the best thing for your son is to go to jail or die trying to get revenge ? " Nadia questioned .

" I'm out ... don't go anywhere with my son and make sure you turn that alarm system on " He told her as he stood up to leave .

" So you mad ? " She asked him .

" No .. I just don't got time to hear you spit some bullshit to me " He said .

" You're the one spitting me some bullshit "

" Bullshit ? Me trying to avenge my sister's death is bullshit ? Me trying to make sure nobody else in my family is killed is bullshit ? Fuck you Nadia because you showing me you don't give a fuck about none of them . You don't want me to go out and get into nothing cause you just want me here as your money supply " He yelled .

" Fuck you and your money Derrick . Get out my house and if it's not about Damari don't contact me " She said as she walked to the door and pulled it open .

" I won't ... i'll be here to get my son tomorrow " He said as he left out of the door . " bitch " he said to himself as he got in his car .

As soon as he got in his car his phone started ringing and he smacked his teeth once he saw that it was Kentrice calling but he answered for her anyways. " You ain't never gonna give up huh ? " He questioned.

" I was just calling to check on you and see how you were doing . I heard about your sister " She said and he smacked his teeth .

" How you think i'm doing Kentrice ? " He smacked his teeth .

" Well ... I know you're not doing okay I just wanted to send my condolences and to let you know that i'm still here for you if you need anything " She said.

" I appreciate you " He said simply .

" How's your brothers and sisters ? and your daddy ? I know they must be fucked up " She said .

" Yeah ... Pops don't want talk to nobody he been in his room locked up and everybody else is walking around all somber. This is the first time the house been quiet and not chaotic " He said.