Chapter Twenty Three ( edited )

23

" Hello ? " Dekia said hoarsely into her phone . She didn't know who was calling her at 7am on a weekend but it had better been important.

" Get dressed and be outside in fifteen " She heard Big Zo say before the call hung up . She smacked her teeth and caught a mini tantrum before getting out of her bed .

She was already woke because she heard her mama and Calvin fussing from their bedroom . Apparently he had caught her mama out with another man when she claimed to be taking Prince and Percy to the fair . Dekia thought Calvin was a damn fool dumb for believing that because Deedy never took any of her kids anywhere , she wasn't even that type of mama . But it wasn't any of her business .

She went into the bathroom in the hall that she shared with her brothers and sisters and took care of her daily hygiene before going back into her room and putting on some clothes . She got done just in time because Big Zo was calling her phone to let her know he was waiting on her outside.

" Aye where you going ? " She heard Derrick say just as she was about to open the front door causing her to jump . She looked back to see him laid on the couch with a blanket .

" About to take a ride with pops really quick . Why are you over here ? " She asked .

" Nadia heard about kentrice being pregnant and came to the crib last night on some bullshit about how i'm about to start a family with kentrice but I don't take care of our child together " He explained .

Nadia was a girl that Derrick cheated on kentrice with a while ago and she was always claiming to everybody that her son was for him but Derrick didn't believe that because he swore he used a condom .

" Derrick go get a DNA test for that baby , I know you say that you used a condom but things happen . I'm not on anybody's side but that girl ain't gonna be that persistent after all these years if she didn't believe that there was a chance that that's your baby . Even if you're so sure that he's not yours just get it so you can finally have peace " Dekia preached .

" Ok " he said simply.

" i'm serious Derrick " she said knowing how he is .

" I said ok Dekia " He said . She gave him a stern look before leaving out of the house making sure to lock up behind herself .

" Where we going this early in the morning? " She asked Big Zo as she climbed into his car .

" To see your brother " he said causing her to roll her eyes . " I don't know exactly what's the beef between you him and lo but it's getting squashed today . you know how strongly I feel about family sticking together " he said.

" ok " she mumbled but in reality she didn't have anything to say to Zo or Lo . They were both out of line and if it wasn't for the fact that she loved Big Zo and their brothers and sisters so much they would never see her again but she would never take her anger for them two out in everyone else.

She got comfortable in the passenger seat reclining the seat back because they had a two hour drive before making it to their destination and she planned to take a nap .

Time flew by quick mostly because she slept the whole way but before she knew it they arrived outside of the facility Zo was being held at . After going through the whole searching process they were seated and waiting for zo to be called from his cell .

When Dekia noticed him making his way towards him she occupied herself by playing with her nails. " Wassup pops , Hey Dekia " She heard him say .

" Hey " she said without looking at him causing him to sigh . He'd gotten excited when he seen her sitting with her pops thinking that she forgave him and finally came to talk things out but by the way she was acting he could tell she was forced by his daddy but either way he was happy to see her.