Chapter Thirty Eight ( continued )

38 ( continued )

After going out to eat with De'shara , Darrius , and Matthew , visiting Darkayla and the twins at the hospital and stopping at the mall Dekia finally made it back home.

She walked into the house with Zoey , Destiny and De'shara and they all went their separate ways so they could start getting ready for the night . It was New Year's eve and Dekia and De'shara were going to spend an hour or two with Matthews family before going back home to the New Years Eves Party her mama and Big Zo was throwing.

Before going into her room to shower and get ready she stopped at Zo's room to give him his birthday present . " Hey " she said as she opened the door and found him sitting on the couch in his room smoking a blunt and looking at something on his phone .

" Hey " he said smiling as she made her way over to him .

" Happy Birthday " She said handing him the gift bag with his presents.

" You didn't have to get me anything love ... I really wasn't expecting you to " he said .

" I know but you spent a lot of money on me for my birthday so it was only right I got you something" She said . " You gonna open it ? " She asked as she took a seat a few inches away from him.

He looked into the bag but before he could pull anything out Leisha walked in carrying balloons and a cake in her hand . " Happy birthday baby " she said ignoring Dekia as she made her way over to Zo and kissed his cheek .

" Well im going to get going. Happy Birthday again , enjoy your day " Dekia said as she stood up and quickly left out but Zo followed behind her .

" We not together if that's what you're thinking , she just delusional " He told her as he went into her room behind her .

" I don't care honestly ... I just want you to be happy like i'm happy " She said honestly. Hearing Leisha call Zo baby didn't bother her like it used to that's how she knew she was getting over him more and more each day.

" being with you would make me happy "
He told her .

" Not happy enough because you'll still fuck with other bitches " She said .

" Can we talk? like have a real honest and raw moment ? " he asked.

" say what's on your mind " Dekia said.

" I love you ... I know you don't believe that I do but I really love you with all of my heart . Yeah I did some fucked up things in our relationship but you was fucked up with it too Dekia " He started .

" How was I fucked up ? " She asked raising an eyebrow .

" It's like nothing I ever did was good enough for you. I damn near worshipped the ground you walked on ... I spoiled you and yeah we can bring up the materialistic because I was dropping racks on you on the daily but I spoiled you with love and support too . Whenever you were having a bad day I would drop everything I had going on and rush straight to you to cater to you and offer you my ear and shoulder , whenever you was sick I would nurture you back to health and I could go on and on . All the shit I did for you and you could never do one little thing I asked of you and that was to claim me . Everytime it came time to tell somebody you would always come up with excuses , you know how that made me feel ? how much that hurted me ? and yeah that doesn't excuse why I cheated but that's why I did it ... because you never made me feel wanted in our relationship and they did , they were willing to claim me and show me off when the love of my life couldn't. It's like you were ashamed of me . Just imagine how it feels somebody forcing you to be their secret you wouldn't like it either and you would feel the same way I felt " He finally admitted .