Chapter Sixty Three ( edited )

63

Everyone was inside getting dressed to attend Rissa's funeral service except for Darkayla who was standing outside on the porch to get some fresh air .

She didn't know if she was having an anxiety attack , all she knew was that it was hard for her to breath and concentrate being inside .

The whole situation just felt surreal to her , like she couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that today was going to be the last day she was going to see her sister .

It was like her mind couldn't process the fact that she was really gone , and whenever she tried to make reality of the situation her brain shut the idea of it down .

Also the fact that everyone , except Dekia and Derrick , blamed her for Rissa's death had her feeling some kind of way . Sure she blamed herself too but it was different coming out of somebody's else's mouth .

Now she felt like everyone , even Big Zo hated her .

Even though she didn't Physically put Rissa in that situation she had a guilty conscience weighing on her .

" You good baby girl ? " She heard causing her to smack her teeth . She knew his voice so good that she knew who he was without even looking.

" You really ain't dead huh ?  " She said as she turned to face him .

" Nah .. you didn't even go my funeral that's fucked up , i bet you didn't even shed a fucking tear " He said .

" I didn't " She admitted.

" So what ? Them three years meant nothing to you ? " He asked causing her to chuckle .

" The three years of you beating my ass Daquan ? Those three years ? The three years where you belittled me and made me feel worthless and less of a women ? Those three years ? I can go on and on about the fucked up shit you in those three years that supposed to mean something to me " She snapped catching Quan off guard . He wasn't used to her standing up to him and speaking her mind he was used to her being scared of him .

" Ok ... I admit I have a temper that made me do fucked up shit to you but I genuinely love you . You the one that left me and got pregnant for my cousin i think that's more extreme than what i did to you " He said causing her to look at him weirdly .

" cousin ? who yo cousin ? " She asked knowing he wasn't trying to insinuate that he and Lance were cousins.

" you only got pregnant for one nigga right ?" he said .

" how are you and lance cousins ? I swear you come up with anything Daquan " She said trying to walk inside but he grabbed her hand cashing her to jump .

" You don't gotta jump , I changed my ways I ain't gonna hit you " He said causing her to smack her teeth . She knew that wasn't true because Zo told her and him and Sierra and she just saw Sierra the other day with a black eye .

" Why are you even here Daquan ? " She asked .

" I came to warn you about your mans .  You don't gotta believe me but take the time out to really think about this shit yourself . I barely know shit about my uncles but how does Lance know almost everything about them ? Ask yourself this or ask him where do he be every time something go down with your people . You don't think it's suspicious that me and this nigga grew up close like peanut butter and jelly and he just started fucking with you like it won't nothing but he put on this front like he this loyal ass nigga ? A loyal ass nigga ain't gonna fuck with his man's girl , even if what I did was wrong the most he'll do is tell you to leave . A loyal nigga ain't gonna throw away years of friendship to get me killed over pussy , no offense. Lance is playing you Darkayla and he's been playing you from the jump , no offense but you were the weakest link , he used your vulnerability as a chance to get in close " Quan said .