Chapter Fifty One (edited)

51

" Daddy " Damari screamed as he tried to run and jump in the bed with Derrick but Nadia grabbed his arm before he could.

" You're going to hurt him Damari " She said causing him to pout .

" but I wanna give him a hug " he whined. He was scared shitless when he seen Derrick laying on the ground all bloody he thought he was going to die and he was so scared that he cried himself to sleep.

" I know baby , I do too but not right now " She said causing his eyes to water .

" It's okay , come here man " Derrick said  honestly he was happy to see his son too . All he could think about was when he laying in the ground waiting for the ambulance was if he was ever going to see he son again and he was happy that he was able to.

Damari smiled as he walked over to Derrick and climbed in the bed with him being careful of the wires and everything attached to him. He laid his head on his shoulder and hugged his side .

Derrick ignored the pain he was in and allowed his son to snuggle close to him . " Daddy don't ever get shot again I was so scared " Damari said causing Derrick to chuckle.

" I don't plan on it son " He said.

" I'm going to go ... I just had to bring Damari back here to see you before he lost his mind you have a whole room full of people who wanna see you but they're only letting two people here at at time until they move you " She said .

" Damn you acting like you ain't happy i'm alive " Derrick said .

" No it's not like that .... I just didn't want to leave your family waiting . I'll be back after everyone sees you " She said and he nodded watching as she left .

A few minutes later Big Zo came back there . " Hey Po- What the fuck " He said when Big Zo slapped him across his face .

" The fuck is wrong with you getting shot and scaring me half to death like that " He fussed .

" Yeah i'm fine pops thanks for asking " He said rubbing his face .

" I know you're fine you have no other choice but to be fine. You know if you would've died I would've killed your ass " He said causing Derrick to smack his teeth .

" I love you too pops " Derrick mumbled sarcastically .

" You know I love you and i'm happy to see you alive , do you know who it was that shot you so I can go handle it ? " Big Zo asked him .

" It was quan's people , right before they shit me they yelled out ' this is for quan ' " He said causing big zo to sigh .

" when you get out of here we need to have a talk me , you , Jr , and Lo " He told him.

" about what? " Derrick questioned .

" I don't want y'all out here in the streets . I know I ran the streets when i was younger and did the same shit y'all doing now but I did that because I didn't have a choice . I did it to survive , my mama was a broke single parent working two jobs to foot the bills and we barely had food on the table y'all don't have those problems , I spoil y'all so it's not reason for y'all to be in the streets everyday risking yalls lives and freedom and scaring me half to death like this " He said and Derrick nodded.

" I'm too old to be living off your money though pops "

" we'll get into all that later I just want you to recover , you want me to go get you something to eat ? " he asked and derrick nodded.

" okay i'll be back " He said before leaving out of the room and allowing another person back to see him .

Everyone in his family saw him for a while before they left to go home and freshen up and get some rest since they'd been there all night and it was the wee hours of the morning .