Chapter One ( edited)

1

" Bitch hold my bag " Dekia said to her best friend Janae . She'd already pulled her hair up in a ponytail and pulled took off all of her jewelry as she walked the halls searching for her target .

It was the last day of her junior year of high school and while most teenagers only came to school on the last day to fight , that honestly wasn't her intentions.

She'd usually sit home the last few days of school but she only came to school because they were giving out the scores for their standardized testing and she would be able to get her final report card instead of having to wait for it to get mailed .

She wanted nothing but to go home and celebrate once she seen that she had passed the standardized test and all of her classes officially making her a senior. She'd honestly thought she was going to have to go to summer school .

Dekia was a smart girl but she'd missed a lot of the information because she was always missing school on due to be being suspended for fighting . It was honestly a miracle that she didn't have to do seat time .

Ever since her sophomore year of high school Dekia had been fighting with the same girl almost every other week . The crazy thing is the two girls barely knew each other they were fighting over a boy .

Her former step brother's ex girlfriend Kierra couldn't stand the ground that she walked on. She swore up and down that Dekia and Zo were fucking around because the two of them were super close despite the fact that their parents have been broken up for years .

Even though Kierra and Zo have been broken up for a while she couldn't let go of him and she hated to see him with another girl . Even though Dekia and Zo grew up as sister and brother they weren't blood relatives so she didn't put anything past them .

Dekia was getting ready to head home after getting her report card and test scores and setting up her class schedule for the next school year but once her sister La'rissa sent her a video of Kierra running her mouth about her she quickly turned around and went searching the halls for her .

" What you mean hold your bag ? You know if you fight then i'm fighting right along with you " Janae said . She knew that her best friend could hold her own in a fight but wherever Kierra was her flunky of a cousin Sierra wasn't too far behind and she'd damned if they jumped her friend again .

" Where y'all going ? " Markese ,their boy best friend , asked as she he seen her and Janae looking like they were on a mission. He too was on his way out the door but once he seen his girls looking pissed he took a detour and followed them .

" i'm bout to whoop kierra's ass " Dekia said and he nodded . It wasn't anything out of the ordinary for the two of them to be fighting and he didn't need to ask her why because he already knew , it was always the same reason . He wasn't one to deal with female drama but he walked right behind his two friends as they searched the halls for kierra.

He wasn't staying around to see the fight because he already knew who was going to win but he always walked her home and make sure that she got inside safely after fighting because he knew just how grimy females could get and some girls couldn't take their L and keep it pushing .

They found Kierra posted up at her locker with her cousin Sierra and they looked as if they came to school to fight . They were dressed comfortably in tennis shoes and sweats with their hair tied up , their skin was oily from rubbing vaseline on it .