Chapter Six ( edited )

6

Darkayla was woken up out of her sleep by being thrown off the bed onto the floor . " You running your mouth to your brother now bitch ? " He questioned as he bent down and he grabbed her by her neck .

" Quan stop " She cried as she tried to pry his hands off of her .

" Your brother can't save you bitch " He said as he let go of her neck and pulled her off of the ground and brought her into the bathroom.

" Quan , I didn't tell him a- " She was cut off as she tried to explain to him what happened by him grabbing her and throwing her in a tub full of scorching hot water holding her underneath the water. She tried to come up but held a tight grip on her holding her there a few seconds longer before he finally released her .

She coughed up the water and fell to the floor trying to catch her breath . " Get the fuck outta my house " He spat as he walked out of the bathroom .

She sat there for a few minutes trying to gain her composure when Quan walked back into the bathroom . " You thought I was playing ? get your ass outta my house " He snapped as he walked over to her with his fist balled up .

" Quan I need to change i'm going to get sick " Darkayla mumbled . Her clothes and hair was soaking wet .

" Get out and go think about your actions " He said .She saw him inching closer to her so she hurriedly got up from the tub and walked to the bedroom .  She slipped some slides on her feet and grabbed a blanket and her phone leaving out of the house .

She started walking through the projects and stopped at the basketball court taking a seat on the bleachers . She didn't want to go to Big Zo's house because he had company over and she knew that Derrick was gonna confront him again and make things worse .

She could've went to their house but her mama was in there with Calvin and she didn't want them to bombard her with questions either , so she sat on the bleachers staring into space thinking about how her life became what it was .

" Why you out here this late ? " She heard Lance say from behind her .

She started to think he was stalking her because this was his third time popping up on her .

" Thinking " She mumbled as he stood in front of her and took in her appearance. He was checking to see if she had any new bruises on her .

" Why you wet ? " He asked and she ignored him . " Why you doing this to yourself Darkayla ? " He asked as he sat in front of her .

" Lance I told you nothing is going on " She snapped .

" And I don't believe that shit " He snapped back. " Why you protecting that nigga ? you know your brothers would handle him if you tell them what's he's doing "

Everyone knew that Derrick , Zo , and Lo didn't play any games.

" Because I don't want my brothers to go to jail or even worse get killed . If they kill Quan and his people find out you know what they'll do my brothers and it'll their blood on my hands " She admitted .

While Derrick , Lo , and Zo had a reputation in the streets Quan's uncles had an even bigger one. They'd been having the game on lock since the early 2000s .