Chapter Thirty Nine ( edited )

39

Zo woke up from his sleep from his curtains being pulled opened and the bright sunlight shining through . " Close that shit " he groaned pulling the covers over his head because the sun was burning his eyes .

" Why would you do that ? " Dekia yelled as she pulled the covers off of him .

" Dekia what the fuck is you in here yelling about ? " He fussed . He was hungover and she was in there making it worse by putting light in his face and yelling for no reason .

" I knew it was you that shot at Darrius and Matthew " She said .

" You sound dumb as hell . In case you forgot i'm still on probation and does it look like I was in any position to be shooting at anybody ? " He asked .

" Who else would have a reason to shoot him huh Lorenzo ? and last night was your perfect chance because by it being your birthday you got a pass to sleep home but the manager at the halfway house still signed that you checked in for the night. it's the perfect alibi " Dekia hollered .

" Is the nigga even dead ? " Zo asked her .

" No what kind of question is that ? " She asked scrunching her face up .

" Then don't ask me no dumb ass shit like that . I don't shoot niggas and they live to see another day , I shoot to kill and you know I never miss . Seems to me like you don't know what your boyfriend really got going on . seems like Mr.Grambling got a secret life that you don't know about ... Get the fuck outta my room with that bullshit . I can't believe you come in here disrespecting me like that .. that nigga not even worth my bullets " He fussed.

Dekia rolled her eyes and left out of his room running into Lo . " He was passed out drunk before the clock even struck midnight " He said simply before walking off .

She sighed and walked to her room to freshen up and throw on some clothes to go to the hospital to see about Matthew and Darrius. She woke up with a bunch of missed calls from Tre , Matthew's older brother and she was confused until he told her that Matthews car got shot up and they were ran off the road .

She quickly brushed her teeth and did her daily hygiene routine before throwing on literally anything and rushing out of her room . " Where you going ? " De'shara asked her as she walked from out of the hall bathroom .

" Matthew and Darrius got shot last night " She said .

" Shot ? " De'shara exclaimed causing Dekia to smack her teeth because she was too dramatic

" Yes shot .. you coming or no ? " Dekia asked.

" Duh Darrius is my baby , let me go get some shoes " She said .

" I'll be in the car " Dekia said . She went downstairs and got into her car waiting on De'shara to " throw on some shoes " which took about twenty minutes because her ass changed her whole outfit and brushed her hair .

When they made it to the hospital they found Tre sitting in the waiting room looking like he was stressed out . " Hey , what's wrong ? " Dekia asked him .

"It's just a lot of shit going on . The family came down here to see Matthew and you know how they get so it ended up with Matthew basically cursing everybody out and having them escorted from his room " Tre said. " Come'on i'll take y'all to see them " He said as he stood up .

He dropped Deshara off at Darrius room since it was first and dropped Dekia off at Matthews room before going back to the waiting room to give them some privacy.

" Hey baby , how you feeling ? " Dekia asked as she walked into room and found him looking at the TV.

" i'll be straight " He said but she wasn't too sure he looked bad .