Chapter Forty Three ( edited )

42

" I'm glad that he came around and accepted y'all " Leila told Dekia as they talked over the phone.

She hadn't been over there much since Leisha had her baby . She still couldn't stand her sister but either way it goes leisha's baby was her nephew so she couldn't help but to love him .

Leisha was going through postpartum depression and Leila was scared to leave the baby alone with her because she was scared she would harm him.

" Yeah I know .. it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders " Dekia said. " He probably knows about you and Lo too because he said he found out because he went and watched the cameras and saw us kissing.

" Me and Lo was never trying to keep it a secret we just never came out and told him either " She said as the baby started crying from his bassinet that was on side her bed .

" i'm coming over there later sis so i'll see you later. It's time for me to feed Carter " She said .

" okay " Dekia said before she disconnected the call .

Leila sat her phone on the bed and picked Carter up out of his bassinet and held him close to her chest . " Hey Teedy Baby , come'on lets go make your bottle " she cooed .

She walked down the stairs and sat him in his swing for a second while she went into the kitchen to fix his bottle . As soon as she sat him down he started crying because he wanted attention and Leisha sat on the couch unfazed as she watched TV.

She hurriedly made his bottle and warmed it before getting him out of the swing and sitting on the couch next to her sister feeding her baby. " How you feeling ? " Leila asked trying to make an effort with her .

" I don't want to talk Leila " Leisha mumbled .

" You don't think you should go see someone about this ? You haven't held your baby in two months " Leila said.

" I know you think this is postpartum depression Leila but it's not . I'm not cut out to be a mother , you do a better job with him than I do " Leisha said .

" It'll come to you Leisha .. motherhood doesn't come easy to everybody " Leila said trying to lift her spirits. .

" No it won't and i don't want it to. I went to the courthouse the other day and got this .. I signed it already . Either you or daddy can sign and get custody because I don't want it . I wanted to wait until you woke up to leave " Leisha said .

" All that stuff you talked about mama and you're acting just like her Leisha . I really think you should just go talk to a therapist before you make such a big decision you won't be able to come back from . Have you even talked to the baby's daddy about this decision? " Leila questioned.

" His daddy is Jay and fuck him. He's better off without Jay ... he's back in jail again and from what I heard he's going to be in there a while so he has no say in my decision " Leisha said.

" And what about talking to a therapist first ? " Leila asked ignoring the fact that she just confessed that her ex boyfriend was the father of her nephew .

" My mind is made up " Leisha said and Leila sighed in defeat .

" Okay Leisha go then if that's what you really wanna do " She said .

" I know you may not think I do but I really do love you Leila. I'm sorry for how I treated you and all the fucked up things I did to you but that's because I got her ways. Your good like daddy and i'm fucked up like mama " Leisha said as she stood up and walked towards the door. Leila didn't notice it before but she had her bags already packed sitting by the door .