Chapter Fifty Four ( edite d )

54

" Hey mamas baby , I missed you " Kierra cooed at Zo'hara as she picked her up and kissed her chubby cheeks .

" How was Miami ? " Zo asked watching her interact with the baby.

It was odd to see her so loving on Zo'hara because she acted like she could care less about her . She was always out and about leaving her with him not bothering to call and checkup on her .

" It was fun " She said finding it strange that he asked .

" Thats good , I like your hair " he complimented causing her to look at her weirdly.

" what do you want Lorenzo ? " she asked causing him to smack his teeth .

" how you figure I want something ? " He asked pretending to be offended even though he did want something .

" you ain't never this nice to me " she pointed out .

" I know but I figured since we share a child together we should try to be nicer to each other " he lied .

" boy what do you want and i'm not going to ask you again " She said . She wasn't one of those gullible bitches who he ran game on she knew he wanted something but all he had to do was ask .

" ok , I need your help . I need you to set a nigga up for me " He said .

" and why would I do that ? " she raised an eyebrow .

" Man come'on you use to always set niggas up for me back in the day "

" you know i'll do anything for you but since we're not together anymore i'm not doing it for free ... what's in it for me ? " she smiled causing him to smack his teeth but he knew that was coming , kierra didn't do anything or anybody without wanting something in return .

" i'll pay you " He said .

" I was hoping for some dick but I guess dekia has that on lock " she said eyeing his print in the sweatpants he wore .

" yeah dekia has that on lock , so do you want the money or not ? " He asked and she nodded.

" Yes ... who do you want me to set up ? " She asked him .

" Before we get into that , you can't tell nobody what we're planning for both my sake and your sake " He warned .

" i'm not dumb now who it is ? " She asked .

" This nigga name Maurice " he said .

" you're talking about quan's uncle maurice ? " she asked and he side eyed her wondering how she knew that .

" how do you know that ? " He asked feeling like he couldn't trust her all of a sudden .

" I put two and two together . You know the city is small . Sierra use to fuck with Quan before he died and once he got killed she told me how all of his people think y'all did it because of something that happened with Darkayla . I heard that Larissa got arrested outside of quik cheks and I figured it had something to do with him because I use to always see him picking her up from school " She explained .

" Wait ? Sierra was fucking with Quan , I never knew that " He said .

" Nobody knew until he died . He use to beat her ass black and blue and she was too scared to tell anybody who it was doing that to her she only told us it was him after he got murdered . Claim she didn't want her brothers to get in trouble for confronting him about it something about his family is ruthless and will kill all of them in the blink of an eye " she shrugged .