Chapter Twenty Seven ( edited )

27

Derrick stood outside Kentrice's door watching her yell at him and throw shit around which he thought was stupid cause that was her own shit that she was tearing up . " Look I gave you a week , I let you yell and curse me out but now it's time for us to sit down and talk about it like adults " Derrick said calmly as he walked over to her and grabbed her hands stopping her from her little tantrum.

" There's nothing for us to talk about i'm done with you " She said .

" Okay even if you are done with we have a baby on the way so we still have to talk about that " He said .

" Not right now Derrick , I can't look at you without wanting to fuck you up " She stressed .

" I'm sorry kentrice , I wish I would've took the test sooner so I could've been knew about my son that way I wouldn't have missed out on so much and you wouldn't feel like I left you in the dark . Ima say this one thing before I go , I love you with all my of my heart but that's my seed and he comes first . You know you bipolar so if you change your mind about us I want you to know that if you can't accept my son we can't be together " He said before placing a kiss on her cheek and leaving out of her house.

He got into his pops car that he was driving around while his was in the shop getting fixed and drove to Nadia's house that was two blocks down.

Getting out of the car he walked up to her porch and rang the doorbell . He raised his eyebrow when Lance opened the door to let him in . " The fuck you doing here ? " He asked getting ready to pull out his phone and facetime Darkayla to snitch on him .

" I came to drop some bread off to Nadia . I'm out cous i'll see you later " He said to her .

" Okay " She yelled back .

" Nigga wait , since when was y'all cousins ? " he questioned.

" what type of dumb ass question is that ? " He asked confused. " Listen I fuck with you but don't fuck over my cousins , you fucked her over in the beginning and I was the one who held her while she cried when you denied her baby ... I understand that you took a test and wanna step up now but don't walk in and out of their lives " He said .

" I'm not " He assured him .

" Okay let me get home to your sister " He said as he gave him a dap before walking to his car. Derrick walked in the house and closed the door behind himself .

He found Nadia sitting on the sofa curled up in a blanket watching tv . " You feeling better ? " He asked as he sat next to her on the couch .

" A little " She said raspy . New Orleans weather was up and down one day it would be cold then the next hot or sometimes it would be winter in the morning and summer in the afternoon and the up and down weather change caused her to come down with a cold .

" You took that medicine that I brought over ? " He asked her and she nodded . " Have you been drinking your tea for your throat ? " He continued to question .

" Yeah , speaking of tea do you mind making me some more ? " She asked him .

" Yeah I got you " he said as he stood up and went to the kitchen . He grabbed a coffee mug from out of her cabinet and added some distilled water to the mug before sitting a tea bag in there and putting it in the microwave on three minutes .