Chapter Eight (edited)

8

" Pick up " Dekia stressed as she dialed her mother's number for the sixth time only to get sent to voicemail again . " Ima try one more time " She said to herself as she hit her mother's contact name and this time she finally answered .

" What Dekia , why do you keep calling me back to back " Deedy said hoarsely into the phone . She was trying to sleep but could because her phone kept ringing back to back .

" I have an appointment with my gynecologist in an hour and you were supposed to bring me " Dekia fussed . She needed to get her yearly check up with her OBGYN and get another birth control shot . She'd been calling her mama for thirty minutes and she knew that she most likely went out to the club which is why she wasn't answering.

" Damn Kia , can't you reschedule i'm tired " Deedy groaned .

" Deedy this is my rescheduled appointment , you cancelled the one I had last week too . " Dekia stressed .

" Dekia just borrow Zo's car like you always do and go " She said .

" I can't go by myself , I have to have an adult with me " Dekia said growing aggravated.

" Well I don't know what to tell you . Ask Big Zo to take you or reschedule. Dr.Vanessa won't mind I use to do it all the time " Deedy muttered .

Dekia didn't even respond she just hung up in her mother's face . Even though she really feel comfortable with a man brining her to the doctor she walked downstairs looking for her step father . " Where is pops ? " She asked Zion and Lo who was sitting in the living room playing the game .

" He just left " Lo said causing her to sigh .

" Y'all brother here ? " She asked referring to Zo .

" Nah he left with daddy " Zion said . She couldn't win for loosing .

She wished that Darkayla wasn't MIA because she could've brought her . She sat and thought about who else was at least eighteen years old and remembered that Markese was a year older than her .

She pulled out her phone and called him hoping that he was awake since it was still considered to be early. She sighed of relief when he answered sounding woke and energized. " Bestie I need a big favor " She told him once the call connected .

" Whats up ? " He asked her.

" Can you see if your mama will let you borrow her car and can you come get me and bring me my doctors appointment. Deedy was supposed to bring me but she don't want to anymore , you don't have to sit in the room or anything just sign me in " She said .

" Yeah i'm about to come and get you , i'll call you when i'm outside " He said .

" Thank you so much kesey, I really appreciate it " She said right before hanging up the phone . She still had about forty five minutes to make it there and she was confident that she would make it there in time because Markese drove like the speed racer .

Five minutes later Markese called her to let her know that he was outside . She made it to her appointment on time and got everything that she needed done . She told them that he was her big brother so that they would be able to sign his consent for her . He had to stay in the room with her while the doctor asked her a few questions but she didn't mind because she was comfortable with Markese .

After leaving the doctors office her and markese went to get some seafood and a daiquiri and they sat on the lake talking . About three hours they were pulling up to Big Zo's house , when they pulled up she seen her sisters on the sidewalk playing double dutch with their friends from the neighborhood and Derrick , Lo , and Zo sitting on the front porch smoking .