Chapter Fifty ( edited )

50

" Darkayla calm down I don't understand shit you saying " Lance said . He'd just checked into his hotel for the night and she called him all distraught but he couldn't make out anything she was saying because she sounded like courage the cowardly dog . She tried to calm down but he still didn't know what she was saying . " Baby take a minute and breath first "

She took a deep breath for a few minutes . " When are you coming home ? " She asked still crying .

" I told you i'd be back Sunday, whats wrong why you crying ? " He asked . He hated that he had to be gone away for her and the kids for so long but she wasn't supposed to have the twins so early and this was jobs he was supposed to have done before she went in labor .

The men already paid him upfront so if he didn't get the job done they would've thought he played them for their money and come after him and now that he had Darkayla and kids , he didn't want to have anyone coming after him .

" Everything is wrong ... derrick got shot and quans people are messing with us . They've been following all of us around and threatening us and i'm scared " she cried.

" Derrick got shot ? Is he okay ? " He asked.

" I don't know ... we're at the hospital waiting to hear something back. This is all my fault Lance , Quan's people have been texting me things since Christmas and I didn't say anything " She admitted causing him to draw his head back and sigh .

" I'll be home in a couple of hours Darkayla . Stay with one of your brothers or your dad until I get there and if they text you anything else open your mouth and tell somebody " He said .

" Are you mad with me ? " She asked biting down on her lip.

" I'm mad that you didn't learn your lesson the first time and that you continue to do dumb shit but being mad isn't going to help the situation . I'll be there in a couple hours and i'll handle it "

" ok I love you "

" I love you too " He said before hanging up the phone .

—————————-

" Leila I need a favor " Zo told her over the phone . He was fifteen minutes away from the house but he wasn't about to go out there head first .

" What's up ? " She asked .

" Check the cameras and see if you see anything out of the ordinary outside and around the house " He said .

Quan's people thought that Zo would be walking into the trap that they say but he was smarter than they thought . He obviously knew that they were lurking around the house to know that the kids were there alone , he just needed to know exactly where they were so he could sneak up on them instead of them sneaking up on him .

He'd already prepared himself , after leaving the hospital he'd let himself into Derricks house and changed his clothes to all black , put on a bulletproof vest , and took two of his silencer guns.

" Um ... they have a black car parked on the corner i can't see who's inside though the windows are tinted " She said.

" That's the only car you see ? You don't see anyone else ? " He asked.

" um .... yeah I see somebody hiding in the bush in the front yard ... Zo what's going on ? " She asked.

" Take everybody and go downstairs to my pops part of the house and aem the house . No matter what you hear stay there until I come to get you , don't unarmed the house for anything everybody that belongs here knows the code to unarm it theirselves " He said.