35: Hearts down Abbey Road

K.H

And just like that, we were already in London.

The cool breeze whisked my hair away making me tie it into a haphazard bun just to keep it from moving all over the place.

The smell of freshly baked custard buns filled the air as we walked down the streets filled with a variety of shops.

Our team of researchers are still arriving tomorrow so Lisa asked if we could stroll around London for a while before settling down our hotels.

I, of course, agreed because I didn't want to cast a dark cloud on them because of my situation.

They had the right to enjoy it. They were a newly married couple after all.

The sight of couples enjoying some afternoon tea and the symphony of laughter filled the air. It felt terrible enjoying this lovely sight without them.

I watched as Lisa casually placed her head on Jungkook's shoulder as they walked down the road.

My heart longed for someone to walk with me by my side.

I genuinely had nothing else to do but walk at a distance behind them so I didn't seem like I was imposing. I decided to take out my phone from my pocket and dial Jimin.

After a few rings, he picked up.

________________

Jimin: Haewon? Did you call to get updates on Eunwoo and Hajoon?

Haewon: No...I.....I just need someone to talk to.

Jimin: Oh Haewon I....I'll always entertain talks with you but I'm on duty right now and I have patients waiting for me.

Haewon: Oh that's okay, maybe another time then.

Jimin: Ummmm, how about you try calling Yoongi, he's free most of the time and I'd bet he wouldn't mind talking to you.

Haewon: Wait no..I don't really keep in touch with him so that'd be weird.

Jimin: No it's not, all the boys adore you, we actually used to do crazy things to get Jungkook to- ummm nevermind about that...I'll just text you his number and you can go call him.

Haewon: Thank you.

__________________

He ended the call and right after I received a text from him with Yoongi's number on it.

I then walked up to Jungkook and Lisa and said, "I...well, I'll see you both at the hotel okay? I feel like crashing onto a bed right now."

"Wait are you sure? Don't you want to stroll around with us?," Jungkook asked and I shook my head then said, "No, it's okay, the two of you should enjoy this without me shadowing."

Before any of them could say anything more, I hailed a cab and set off to the hotel.

It was a quick escape because walking with them made me feel lonely.

Eventually I arrived at the hotel and got settled in my room.

I quickly dialed Yoongi's number. Surprisingly, he answered immediately.