7: Her Shade of Red

K.H

I let out a deep sigh that I had been wanting to get out of my chest ever since I entered that living room.

Now that I was out of his sight, my shoulders became less tense. The person who had called my name to unfortunately let me take care of Iseul, fortunately saved me from me losing my resolve.

Feeling his intense gaze and refusal to back down no matter how much I pulled at his strings left me unnerved.

And here it was again. The feelings that I had long buried were rising up like it had never been dead.

To my surprise, he still didn't know my name. He should know who I am bit then yet again, ever since dad passed away I went full 180.

It didn't help either that mom was able to successfully soar her business idea to help us out of poverty ever since dad's death. Now she's filthy rich, drinking with socialites as if she doesn't have a daughter waiting for her at home.

It almost felt like it was just yesterday when I had insisted to go to work with my dad.

"Appa! pleaseeee I want to go with you, Eomma is so boringgg she's always playing Moomin on the television, I'm 8 years old you know?! I'm too old for that," I complained as I placed my hands on my hips as if I was the one that was in charge.

My dad simply laughed at me like I just looked ridiculous but I didn't look ridiculous!

"APPAAAAA! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME! I'M BEING serious! She either only plays Moomin or Pororo!," I complained and to my joy, he agreed and said, "Alright then, you're coming with me to work but you have to promise you'll be nice to the people you meet and you have to introduce yourself properly okay? No aliases whatsoever."

"What's aliases?," I asked and my dad just smiled then said, "Nevermind that, just introduce yourself properly okay? So that everyone will know the lovely name of my beautiful daughter, okay?"

"Okay Appa," I replied to my dad and I caught a glimpse of my mom smiling at the sight of us.

I was ready for her to get mad at me for saying that I didn't like Moomin anymore but she handed me a packed lunch and said, "Go enjoy your saturday with your dad kiddo."

I looked at her suspiciously. Maybe she poisoned the food but the smile on her face seemed genuine and she always makes good food so I don't think she poisoned it.

I smiled at my dad as he offered his hand which I took with unbridled excitement.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at the bus stop and take a ride to the Jeon family mansion.

Dad works as the official driver for the Jeon family.

He said that he was hired to be their son's driver ever since he started primary school.

He said that he's also the one going around accompanying the son.

Dad never really wanted to be a driver or a caretaker for someone but he said he gets paid a lot so he sticks around so that he can buy me all the pretty dresses I get to wear.

He always told me, "Only the best for my pretty little girl."

Finally we arrived at the Jeon mansion and it was huuuuge.

There was a big gate and it opened at the presence of both me and my dad.

Weird.

We both walked in and we immediately saw a really beautiful house that you only see in movies.