32: Recondite

J.JK

My mind was swimming with terrible possibilities. I knew in my heart something was still going to go terribly wrong tonight.

I drove fast.

Weaving through traffic as best as I could. I immediately asked Eunwoo previously for Haewon's number and began calling her.

I've been ringing her countless amounts of times but I know her and I know she wouldn't just answer a random number's call.

Yet I couldn't stop calling her. It would be wrong to stop knowing that there was a possibility she would answer.

I was beginning to lose hope after over 10 unanswered calls when to my surprise she answered.

________________

Haewon: I swear if this is another prank call I will track you down and cut all your telephone lines-

Jungkook: Haewon no! It's me

Haewon: Jungkook? Why are you calling me? Didn't I say we were going to meet up tomorrow so we can talk?

Jungkook: Wait! No! Haewon this is really important-

Haewon: Jungkook if this is about our past again....I have nothing more to say to you-

Jungkook: No, it's not like that! Haewon have you ever thought that maybe sometimes it's not always going to be about us when we talk!

The line went silent for a moment and I thought I had overstepped but thankfully she said something.

Haewon: Alright, speak up, I just changed into my spare clothes I had in my office since it was nearer because the gown was too uncomfortable and I need to stop by a restaurant to get my son breakfast, I'm sure there's a shop open at 4 am in the morning-

Jungkook: No! Haewon! Absolutely do not do that! Go straight home!

Haewon: Why are you telling me what to do? I need to have more context as to why you're asking me to go home immediately.

Jungkook: You know how Eunwoo has leukemia right?

Haewon: Yes I am very much aware of my husband's disposition Jungkook, what kind of a question is that?!

Jungkook: Can you just quit being snarky at me! I know that's like basically your whole personality trait but what I need right now is for you to listen to what I have to say!

Haewon: Then cut to the chase!

Jungkook: Eunwoo mentioned that leukemia runs in the family and possibly was passed down from his dad.

Haewon: Oh god-

Jungkook: Have you noticed anything weird about Hajoon lately?

There was a pause until she finally spoke again.

Haewon: Come to think of it, it was odd that Hajoon wasn't his jittery self during the reception, I allowed him to eat cake which usually gives him a sugar rush but......he fell asleep in Eunwoo's arms.