12: From London with Love

K.H

My eyes felt like they've been closed for an eternity. I opened them to the sound of someone calling for my name. I opened my eyes and saw an unfamiliar bodyguard say to me, "Ms. Kyong, your mother arranged for me to escort you to your new quarters whilw you stay here in London."

"What time is it?", I asked and the man looked at his watch then said, "10 am Ms. Kyong, your luggages have already been loaded into the car right outside the private plane."

I nodded as I stood up and followed the man while I bid my goodbyes to the aircraft crew.

I took a deep breath and decided to not look at my phone. I had planned to text Iseul but it would be the wrong decision. Attachments isn't what I need right now. If my mother wants me to change then I will change if that's what it takes to get her off my back.

I got in the car and I was so lost in thought that when I finally looked out the car window, I had just realized that we were driving through London. I asked the guard, "Where are we going?:

"To Mander Portman Woodward maam," he replied, "I'll be escorting you to your dorm of which you'll be sharing with a fellow dorm mate."

Right of course. My mother would force me into social interactions by putting me in a dorm.

Not long after, we arrived at the school after the guard tried his best to explain to me what a sixth form college was.

I eventually arrived at the dorm and the guard left me to my own demise which was unpacking.

It seems like my roommate isn't here yet.

I then planned to start unpacking my luggage when my stomach grumbled violently.

How long was I on that plane for?

I went straight to the kitchen of the place hoping there's some sort of meal in there. I looked inside the refrigerator and saw a lot of bread.

Baguettes? Sourdough? Rye Bread? Brioche? Whole Wheat Bread? Is my roommate some sort of bread connoisseur?

There are ingredients for bibimbap here, wait, my roommate might be a Korean...... anyways I'm too tired to cook so that is a definite no. Why is there an abundance of leftover chicken takeout?

Again, now I'm very wary of my roommate.

I guess the sourdough bread will do.

I was about to take the bread when I heard an unfamiliar voice say, "What do you think you're doing?"

Out of some sort of self-preserving instinct, I took the baguette from the fridge and said, "Don't you dare come near me or I will hit you real hard with this stale baguette."

"Is that any way to greet your roommate?," the voice asked and at that moment I finally got a good look of his face.