37: Remedy

K.H

The next morning went a little different than we expected. We still had the labs and team of researchers but Lisa was still stuck in her shared hotel room with Jungkook, reeling with a terrible hangover.

The morning was filled with Jungkook just sending me a flurry of text messages, asking me fore help because Lisa with a terrible hangover was still Lisa but possessed by some hangover demon.

Once everything settled down, the both of us head to the lab and really the car ride going there might have been the most awkward thing to ever happen to me in a while.

Jungkook gave a sheepish smile then said, "Ummm.....thank you for helping me with Lisa and all, I was having a mini breakdown because I wasn't sure how to deal with her."

I nodded then said, "Right of course, anyways, I hired a car service, the research team is waiting for us at the labs......let's go."

The car ride was eerily quiet. I mean, what else was there to be said.

Hey, I'm your sort of ex-girlfiend or past lover or something and we totally ended in a bad note but we can totally still talk right?

NO!

Ugh!

The lengths that I go just to have things my way. It doesn't help that my husband apparently just married me to get in on that high life of being filthy rich!

That a**hole!

And to think I poured my heart out to him?!

I bet he's happy that our son is about to die so that nothing bounds me to him anymore.

Eventually, we arrived at the laboratory and were met with the team of researchers.

I didn't spare a glance towards Jungkook, I went straight to the research, desperate to save the life of my son.

We spent hours at the laboratory, and those hours turned to the rest of the day and eventually till the wake of midnight.

Lisa had opted to arrive the next morning since she still had a massive headache. I couldn't stop working, it must've been the adrenaline rushing through me but I don't think the researchers could say the same.

Consequently, I told them they could go and rest and just come back the next day but I chose to stay. I couldn't seem to keep away from the work.

It must be the attachment issues.

I continued to type away on my laptop, already at my 22nd page on Chrome.

The letters on the screen seemed to meld into each other with how long I've been staring at the screen that my head began to spin.

I thought my head was about to crash onto my laptop's keyboard but instead it landed on something soft.

It landed on someone's palm.

I looked to see whose palm this belonged to and saw Jungkook with a concerned look on his face.

"You look terrible," he said as he carefully made me sit up on my chair.

"Hah, says the guy who still hasn't gotten a haircut all these years," I teased back and he chuckled then said, "I've always wanted to see how I would look like with a man bun."

Despite my tiredness, I took a hairtie from my pocket then carefully approached him. To my surprise, he didn't complain and he just let me touch his hair.

I carefully threaded my fingers through the strands of his hair then did my best to put his long hair into a man bun.

Once I was done with my work, I immediately went to see how he looks and I grinned.