9: Scarlet Passion

J.JK

Ugh, what am I even supposed to wear. I bet this girl my dad mentioned might just be another entitled b*tch like the other girls I had to tolerate on past company dinners.

I didn't even have to worry about what I had to wear.

Like on cue someone knocked on my door and I opened it revealing a butler who was holding a custom suit my mother obviously ordered from a designer brand.

What is it this time, Tommy Hilfiger? Gucci? Dior? Armani? A South Korea based fashion designer?

Oh who cares? Let's just get this over with, this restaurant we're going to better have good food or I'm going to make a lame excuse of having a headache so I can go home early.

I took a quick of shower then put a decent amounf of musk and changed into the suit.

I styled my hair slicked back for a change and head downstairs to wait at the living room.

K.H

I thought I had perfectly mastered the incessant screeching of my mother but it seems like her shrilly voice still manages to break the barrier.

"Haewon! Are you even listening to me?!," my mom said as she looked at me with her usual glare.

I just shrugged and she sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'm going to repeat this one last time, we're meeting with potential partners in a few hours so you better fix your look, don't wear your unclassy black clothes and wear a nice dress and part your bangs because they're getting too long! Don't forget to wear makeup!"

She turned away and started walking upstairs. Her heels clicking on the expensive marble that the stairs were made of.

I didn't have the energy to argue with her so I just went straight to my room and started getting ready.

I perused through my closet....

Well...

More like I ransacked my closet for anything that wasn't black and also to look for a dress.

I sighed when I saw the only option I had and it was a white silk dress that I avoided like the plague. Despite the fact that I really disapproved of this dress which was just a gift from my mother, I put it on anyways and decided to look at myself in front of the vanity.

I parted my bangs like my mother asked me to and for the first time in a while, I saw my old self and I hated it.

I placed a light layer of makeup but somehow I just kept on seeing the old me.

F*ck this

I decided to put on my signature ruby red lip and smiled.

"Now that feels more like it," I said as I smiled at my mirror, "I can follow what my mom wants but that doesn't mean I won't spite her a little bit."

I put on the silver strappy heels she probably wanted me to wear and I head straight downstairs when I heard the honking of our car.

Well I guess it's time to go, they better have good food at whatever restaurant we're going to.

J.JK

Per usual, my family picked the most obnoxious restaurant there is out there. They picked the one with the largest chandeliers and had a string quartet in the middle playing ambient music.

I then asked my mom since dad was too busy talking with the restaurant staff, "Eomma, when are we getting a seat?"

"Soon, the people we invited should be here soon," she replied and I sighed knowing that it meant 30 minutes until we got our seat.