11: Garnet Secrets

K.H

The air became thick and heavy as Jungkook and I shared the back seat, riding towards the airport. I could hear my own breathing despite the loud humming of the airconditioning.

Jungkook decided to break the silence by saying, "Why are you going to the airport?"

"My mother is sending me away because of my bad behavior so you won't be seeing me for a while, must be nice for you," I teased thinking he'd give a snarky reply but there was just silence until he said, "No it isn't nice for me."

"Jungkook just give up this game, aren't you tired pretending to like me? Isn't it tiring to pretend to like someone to fill in your emotional needs?," I asked without looking at him and he immediately replied, "I'm not pretending."

"Oh for f*ck's sake Jeon Jungkook, quit the act, admit it, just admit it, you don't actually like me, say it Jungkook, just say this is all a game and you're done with me today!," I said in frustration as I grabbed his collar then continued to say, "Just say it damn it! Give up the act! Come on, say it!"

He looked at me with glassy eyes and an angry expression as he said, "You don't get to tell me how I feel, you're not me, you can't know how I feel or think about you so stop acting like you can read me as if I were an open book."

I let go of his collar and sunk back to where I sat then asked, "Let's cut to the chase then, why are you asking me about that girl in the picture."

"Ever since I met you, you were a mystery but somehow it felt like I've known you forever, then tonight at the park, I noticed that you kept looking into the distance like it was nostalgic," he replied and I answered, "And??? I was probably just spacing out, you don't have support for your assumptions."

"Oh yeah, then the gesture of you flicking my forehead, you could've done almost anything but you did that, so answer me Kyong Haewon, do you know the girl in this picture?," he asked with force as he shoved the picture right in front of my face.

My eyes threatened to give out tears as I looked at the picture and all the memories just came rushing back.

The way he held my hand and never let go.

The way he protected me from people who teased me about my looks.

He called me a friend when he barely even knew me.

He knew what I liked and always got me my favorites.

He loved me so much that I felt like nothing, I felt like no one could hurt me.

But in the end, the one who loved me the most, hurt me the most.

I slowly pushed the picture back to him and said, "If I gave you an answer, how would it help you with your situation, would knowing what I know about the girl make you stop your self-destructive attitude then golden boy?"

"Again, you don't get to tell how I handle my life Kyong Haewon and you don't get to tell me how I'll handle the information," he said, it became clear that he was slowly getting frustrated.

A cynical expression grew on my face as I said, "Arrogant as ever, so, Jeon Jungkook, how will you feel if the girl you're talking to right now is the same girl in that picture."