33: A Friend in a Foe

K.H

"Right, like I'm just supposed to believe that," I said as I completely shifted my attention to her.

"How am I supposed to believe that, there are so many reasons for me to doubt your intentions," I said with a different anger, an anger I have been holding back for a while.

"First you made me feel like a thorn in Jungkook's side back in college, Secondly, you send me very vulgar messages every time you and Jungkook have a lover's quarrel, blaming me for problems that are happening between you," I said with a tone growing louder.

Telling her off honestly felt cathartic. It felt good but I was far from done.

"Lastly, you invited me to your wedding when we're not even friends, we're barely even acquaintances," I added, "So do, pray tell, reveal to me your actual intentions when you should really be complaining about how your husband is not joining you for your honeymoon."

I thought I had her all figured out. I presumed she would have dissolved into a scowl at this point but instead she just gave me a look filled with regret.

She deeply sighed as if she had something she wanted to say for a long time but couldn't bring herself to say anything.

"I.....," she said but it was clear she was nervous. She looked at Jungkook and sought for solace. He gave her a reassuring nod and she took another deep breath.

"Haewon....you have every right to hate me......I've been selfish, I've been rude, and I've been especially harsh on you but....," she said as she closed her eyes to steel her nerves.

Eventually she opened her eyes and said, "Recent events have put me in a different perspective and there's no point bringing about our frustrations in our relationships because that's not going to save anyone....and for the record, I didn't want a honeymoon because I wanted to get right back at work."

"I...suppose your right but...don't you have a degree in foreign affairs?," I questioned and she just chuckled and said, "Well, it is very clear that we're barely even acquaintances, I have a double degree, you already know my first, my second one is in molecular medicine."

"Oh....well...ummm," I said but really, the whole situation was awkward.

Then suddenly my stomach grumbled and I realized that time has passed to the point that I could really use a late breakfast to replenish.

"I guess that's a cue for breakfast?," Lisa asked and I nodded in agreement to which she added, "Don't worry, the bill is on me, consider it part of my apology tour.....oh and Jimin you should join us, you are their doctor after all."

He nodded and I said, "You guys go on ahead and wait for me in the lobby...I'll just have a word with my husband."

All three of them nodded and left the room. I turned to look at Eunwoo but I really couldn't read the expression on his face.

But I didn't want to waste time trying to play a guessing game. Despite my better judgement I asked him, "Do you think I love you because I have to?"

"Well....from how I see it...Yes," he said without hesitation and my heart sunk with his response.

"Well.....I see that taking my feelings for granted has become a part of you now hasn't it?," I said and his eyes widened as if I insulted him.