17: Va Te Faire Foutre

K.H

"Okay, first day of school, can't be too bad, a course in Microbiology is what my mom wanted and besides, science is interesting so this should be bearable in a sense," I said to myself as I gathered my things for the day.

I then caught Eunwoo eating some sort of breakfast while I rushed to get to the door.

We didn't take the same course, he was taking one on global diplomacy. Our parents hoped that I'd be the one doing all the scientific advancements while he would be the one to negotiate with foreign companies.

Yet again, I kinda wished we had the same course because one of the worst feelings in the world is feeling alone. I don't even know how to socialize at this point.

I tried reaching out to Iseul a few months ago but she completely shut me out and honestly I wasn't so surprised. The moment I set foot in London last year, was the very same moment where I had decided to cut off any meaningful relationship that existed in my life.

As I was going out, Eunwoo called out to me, "You're not going to eat some breakfast?"

"I'll get some after my first lecture," I said as I quickly ran over to him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

He gave me a kiss back then said, "Good luck and show them what you got."

I smiled at the sentiment.

I looked at the time through my phone and saw that I had a couple minutes to spare so I decided to just go to a vending machine and see if I could get some coffee.

I was already thinking about possible options I could get in my head before I got there but when I got there I saw someone familiar.

It was the girl from the gala, Lisa.

For some reason, I felt a rush of anger remembering what happened in the gala. Against my better judgement, I walked up to her and said, "Hi! We met at the gala! You must be Jungkook's girl right?"

She was clearly surprised by my sudden arrival so she gave an awkward smile then said, "I....have a name..and you should call me by it."

I gave her a plastic smile then said, "Oh my apologies, you just looked like arm candy to me that night and I couldn't remember your name because of that."

She raised her brow in surprise to what I said then she said, "You know I used to feel bad that you and Jungkook never ended up together but now I can firmly believe that whatever he has with me now is way better than what he'll ever get with you."

I gritted my teeth then said, "You don't get to talk to me like that, you don't know me."

"Actually, that is exactly why I get to talk to you like that, I don't know you, we're not friends nor acquiantances, you're just a stranger who happens to be a massive b*tch too," she said as she got what she needed from the vending machine.

She then looked at me dead in the eye and said, "Now why don't you try and focus with what you have now and stop trying to get back what you thought was okay to throw away."

She then walked up to me then whispered in my ear, "Oh and next time, don't try to mess with me, I may be inherently sweet but if you cross a line, I will destroy you."

I smirked then whispered back, "You know normally these kinds of words you've been mindlessly spitting out towards me would seem hurtful."

I laughed a little then whispered back to her, "Then I remembered a teeny title detail that will forever put a massive rift in your relationship with him."

"How does it feel knowing that no matter how good you are, no matter what you do, you're never going to be good enough for him," I said quietly but firmly making her visibly stiffen.

I grinned knowing I hit a soft spot so I decided to hit that spot more.

I took a step back to put some distance between us then I said, "Take a good look, save the image of me in your head."

"Just a gentle reminder honey that I am the blueprint, the only space your filling in his heart is the hole I left and I bet that you're barely even filling it," I teased and I could see the anger build in her as she clenched her fists and furrowed her brows.

"I can't believe you even thought that talking to me like that would've struck a nerve," I said as I tried to stifle down my triumphant laughter.

"The foundation of your relationship with him is made out of damaged goods, it's got a weak standing because he's damaged goods, it only takes one move from me and your relationship goes.........bye bye," I said then snickered at her state of shock with the words I said.

She then moved to slap me as she said, "How dare you talk about Jungkook like that-"

I was ready to take the familiar sting of a slap so that I could happily slap her back when suddenly I watched as a hand grabbed her wrist and a familiar voice say, "Lisa, you wouldn't want to do that, you can get sent to the dean's office for that and that's not really a good track record especially since it's your first day in school."

Lisa hastily removed her wrist from this person's grip and angrily walked past me.

I finally got a good look at the person and saw that it was Park Jimin.

The words left my lips almost by instinct, "Park Jimin."

"Hmm good to see you again Kyong Haewon, I like your new look but I kinda miss the ol' long hair and bad girl get up you had back then," he teased and I rolled my eyes then said, "I should be getting to class, talk to me when I'm not busy."

"What course are you taking?," he asked as he walked beside me despite my attempt to get away from him.

"Microbiology," I said as I moved into a faster pace only for him to annoyingly match with the pace.

"Well then I guess fate's shining upon me today because we have the same course and the lecture has been moved to later this 9," he said and at the same moment, my phone vibrated and I checked it only to see a confirmation of what he just said.

I stopped in my tracks then asked, "What do you want?"

"For you to grab breakfast with me," he replied and I was about to turn him down when my stomach audibly grumbled making him laugh then say, "I'm taking that as a yes."