25: Detrimental Vows

A month has passed. Leaves fall and leaves grow. Everyone grows a little older. Many things can happen within a month even if its short span but for a broken hart it feels like eternity.

Love is somewhat precious. You may love someone and they love you back but someties the weight of it overwhelms you. It makes your question if you've loved enough, if you've done enough, and even question if they really do love you.

And that was the weight Jungkook would have to carry for the rest of his life as he watched the love of his life get married to someone else.

____________

J.JK

I've always been a sucker for sad love stories. They always made for a good cry. A good way to let out built up frustration. It was fascinating to see how a love so pure and beautiful would be diminished as it is wrapped with tragic circumstances. Yet I thought my love story with her would be a happy one. I thought our love story would be different.

Long behold it would only turn to be a sad one to tell.

Every kiss with her felt electric. Every touch of her hand, every sound of her voice, and just her mere presence was addicting.

Her very being was my lifeline.

Though there were not much exchange of loving words between us, we both knew how we both felt.

We fell in love silently. Like a spark crackling into an ember. A slow torturous burn and you'd think it'd had been a flame by now. But it wasn't, it was snuffed out.

Loving her felt like burning in my own inferno. Every kiss and every touch guaranteed pain.

We both knew that when our eyes first locked at each other in our high school hallways, we knew that it was going to hurt if whatever passion between us was over.

I was so mad at the universe. I was mad at everything. She's supposed to be mine. She should be on my side. She is my other half. Every inch of my being was made for her.

Yet even if I know she was meant for me, I'm now watching her helplessly in a beautiful white dress and her hair done beautifully as she walks down the aisle to be joined with a man that wasn't me.

Even if I knew she was going to marry someone that wasn't me, right in front of my eyes. I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she looked. She's come a long way from always wearing jeans and wearing ruby red lipstick.

Her look was plain and simple and her dress was plain too yet she outshone everyone in the room with her natural beauty.