10: Fervid Crimson

K.H

I still didn't understand why I had wrapped my arms around his at that moment. It was so unusual for me to do this but I had no plans of letting go either.

The night breeze brushed against my skin sending chills all over but his arm kept me warm. He removed my arm and put his arm around my shoulder and said, "Don't even think about arguing, I know you feel cold, you didn't even think about bringing a coat."

I rolled my eyes as I looked down to hide the smile that grew on my lips. Eventually we came to a stop and it waa in front of an old looking children's park.

"Where are we?," I asked and he smiled like he had been brought to paradise and said, "My favorite place in this whole wide world, this park never really had a name and nobody really goes here anymore but I still go here whenever I feel lonely."

He then took me to a swing set and sat on one of the seats and I did the same on the one beside it. He then looked up at the night sky riddled with stars. He smiled again and said, "I come here whenever I need to clear my thoughts, this is my favorite place because this is my Goyang-i's favorite place, I even wonder if she still visits this place because she said she'd always visit this place for the swing set."

My heart stopped for a moment as my surroundings suddenly changed as if I was looking into my past.

The swing set wasn't rusty. The trees, plants, and grass were lush and healthy. The air was filled with children's laughter.

Then there I saw him again. The young Jungkook with his bowl cut. His hand outstretched, expecting me to take it.

"Goyang-i! Come on, Ahjussi said he got us some ice cream, and don't worry I made sure he got your favorite flavor, cookies and cream," he said and I took his hand as he dragged me to where my dad was standing.

Feeling the chains of the swing set brought back memories that almost brought me to tears.

I was brought back to reality when I heard Jungkook say, "You okay there Haewon, seems like your soul left your body there for a second or is spacing out just part of your daily routine."

"Ha, ha, very funny golden boy, it's amazing how you always find a way to ruin the mood," I said as I playfully kicked his calf that was nearest to me, "You're lucky, I've got too much on my mind to be annoyed at you."

"Mind if you share?," he said with an endearing tone but I replied, "Sorry, no can do, we're not on that level yet, but if you really care about how I feel, how about you ask me questions to distract me."

"Okay, so Kyong Haewon, where are you from?," he asked and I rolled my eyes and said, "This is not a job interview, why don't you just ask me the things you've been wanting to ask me, it's your lucky day cause I'll answer all of them."

To my surprise he asked, "What's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

I decided to not complain about his choice of questions and just answered, "Cookies and Cream."

"One thing you've always dreamed of doing?," he asked and I answered, "I've always wanted to be a kindergarten teacher, but I decided to pursue a course in Biology to help continue the growth of Kyong Laboratories."

"What's the one lesson you've learned from someone that you'll always hold onto?," he asked and I replied, "Someone I really loved and respected once told me to never give up on the things I want in my life, even if it seems so hard already, I shouldn't give up especially when I know deep down that what I want is meant for me."

I expected him to stop for a moment and asked what I meant by that but instead he asked another question, "Have you ever been in love?"

Seems like I was the one who ended up pausing for a moment. He looked at me like he was waiting for my answer, patiently, so I replied, "Love is a very strong word but, I used to deeply care about someone, I'm not really sure if I still do but I knew I did."