34: London Girl

J.JK

Being CEO meant I never really had the luxury of time to actually travel.

Sure, I've actually taken a break from work and maybe drove to the beach to get a refresh but I've never opted to go out of the country.

London.

The last time I ever thought about this city was when.......

Was when she left me.

Even when I haven't seen her so long. The moment I look at her, memories always come crashing back like a scar that has been scratched to the point of bleeding.

She turned around and hugged me back then said, "Dammit, Jungkook, can't you see what I'm trying to do here, I'm letting you go because I love you, my mother is angry at me for pretending to lash out on your family in the restaurant, she wanted me to ruin you but I can never do that, so Jungkook let me go okay."

I hugged her even tighter and said, "No I won't, we can fight this together, we can do this together."

"No we won't, not this time Jungkook," she said as she gestured her guards to hold me back. "Haewon what are you doing?," I asked but she didn't reply and just flicked my forehead then said, "I love you.....you damn idiot."

Idiot.

I definitely was an idiot.

I may look different now but deep down I'm still the same idiot who can't move on from a girl who's long moved on from him.

Lisa was fast asleep. Her head on my shoulder with her arms wrapped around my right arm as her private plane made its way to our destination.

I could've sworn I was looking at the airplane window but somehow I was now looking at her.

Her long hair cascaded down her turtleneck top while she sat with a crossed leg causing her slacks to wrinkle a little while she looked out of the airplane window.

Ha! The Haewon I knew would never cross her legs and just sit down on a chair with her legs spread apart even when her mother was practically yelling at her to put them together.

Maybe I was wrong when I said she changed. I guess my younger self just couldn't understand that we were not going to stay the same forever.

Everyone changes at some point in their life. Haewon was bound to let go of parts of herself at some point. It was the very essence of growing up.

She wasn't always going to be the hot-headed and defiant Haewon. Somehow that had to change because she had to take on a new role.

Although with her looks you could easily mistake her for a fresh grad, you can tell by her mannerisms and restrained talk that she was a wife and a mother.

I flinched slightly when she said out of nowhere, "Jeon Jungkook you better avert your gaze somewhere else or I'm going to stab your eyes out.....you're making me uncomfortable....I can feel your stare."

"I mean there's not much to do here, I've been looking out the airplane window for a while now," I rebutted and I expected her to roll her eyes but instead she just sighed and said, "You can always just close your eyes and sleep since you actually can."