14: Carmine Revival

𝙸𝚏 𝚊 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜, 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎.

K.H

"Eunwoo, are the bags ready, we didn't leave anything behind?," I asked as I spritz on some Chanel perfume I had on my study desk.

"Yes, I made sure to pack the goodies your mother wanted from London and I also packed what my parents wanted," he replied as he handed me the other side of his luggage so I could help him bring it outside of the dorm.

When we were finally moved out and ready to go to the airport. Eunwoo pulled me into a side hug and said, "So, Valedictorian Kyong Haewon, ready to go back to our real home?"

"You're really not going to drop that aren't you?," I asked and he just shot his signature smile then gently kissed me on the cheek then said, "Can't I be proud of my girlfriend, although I do miss seeing you in an all black ensemble-"

"Nope, never again, that was the old me and I'm never wearing ripped skinny jeans ever again," I replied seriously and he just playfully ruffled my hair and said, "Alright, Alright, Alright, now we have to get going because we have a gala to attend as soon as we touch down at the airport of Korea."

"Ugh, I know my mother sent me to Korea to make me more tolerant of her but does she not know the concept of jetlag," I complained making him chuckle and kiss the top of my head then say, "If it makes you feel any better, if this gala really has only those tiny finger foods, as soon as we get home to whatever place they're going to shove us in, we'll order some takeout."

"Oooooh yes, can we have garlic fried chicken, oh! Oh! and can we please get GongCha, the milk tea in London just feels a bit off to be honest," I excitingly said because I can already taste the food that I so miss.

He laughed at my cheekiness then said, "We can even get your favourite seaweed pancakes." I squealed then hugged him really tight and said, "Eeeeeee! you're the best!"

He gave out a hearty laugh then said, "Okay calm down with the hugging, I'm made out of organs, not stuffing."

"Just let me be in a good mood before it completely disappears in the gala," I humored and he removed me from the hug and gently intertwined his hands with mine and said, "Come on, we have to catch our flight."

I snorted out loud then said, "Oh my gosh, you're acting like we're not taking a private plane." He playfully shoved me then said, "Can't you just let me act like we're normal people who have to take commercial flights."

"Nothing about anything we're in is normal, everything will always be out of the ordinary," I said, not realizing I had changed into a somber tone, "That's why I decided to stop rebelling against my mother so that maybe life can be a little easier."

He noticed the switch in tone so he be leaned down a bit to place my cheek in his hand. Tracing a gentle finger along his jawline, he then briefly kissed my lips and said, "Rebellious or not, I'll be by your side no matter what you choose."

A warm feeling grew in my chest and maybe it was happiness but my heart no longer knew what it meant to be happy so I took any good feeling to satisfy my emptiness.