30: The Reception

K.H

And so the wedding began. It was nothing like my wedding with Eunwoo. It was extremely extravagant. I'm pretty sure that the diamonds used to decorate this place were real.

I was busy looking around at the decoration of the ceremony when my eyes landed on someone I didn't think I'd see ever again.

Jeon Jungkook.

He looked so different. The usual  mischievous and arrogant look on his face was long gone. Yet his face still remained as handsome as ever. His hair was longer and it quite suited him. He fixed a cold stare at the crowd.

A stare that seemes so broken and tired like he wanted to get out of this place. He looked like he wasn't even at a wedding, he looked like he was facing a death sentence. His eyes scanned the crowd and ever so slowly they landed on mine. His eyes softened as soon as they looked at me.

Memories came flooding back as soon as I looked at him and I could tell that the same was happening to him. It didn't even feel like we haven't seen each other in almost a decade. To my surprise, his lips quirked into a small smile as he made a small wave. I returned the gesture as if the two of us knew what message we were trying to tell each other.

A message that clearly said......Thank you for all the love, even when it came with a lot of pain, because it really was worth it.

I couldn't help but find myself tearing up and so did he. I didn't even know if the tears were made of joy or made of deep seated pain that I had long buried.

He looked like he was about to walk over to me only to be intercepted by one of his groomsmen, clearly telling him not to move and that the wedding is about to start.

He reluctantly looked away from me as the doors opened revealing Lisa in her beautiful wedding dress. We don't really see eye to eye but I can't deny that she looked gorgeous in her dress.

 We don't really see eye to eye but I can't deny that she looked gorgeous in her dress