Chapter 7

I steady myself against the wall behind me, feeling the anger rise inside of my body. Without answering, I march beside him toward the street, further away from school, further away from him. Being in his presence is too much to bear. I can't handle this right now.

I turn up my pace, trying to not break my neck with those ridiculous heels. Sighing in relief, I walk toward my parent's house. Suddenly I hear a car approaching me, not just some ordinary car, but one with lots of horsepower in it. The engine roar with power. Please don't be him, please don't be him.

"Sofia." I hear his voice. "Don't look backward, just walk on. He'll give up very soon." I whisper to myself, trying to comfort my mind. "Sofia!" The car had stopped. Then I hear footsteps rushing toward me. I glance backward, too curious to ignore him closing into me. Without looking where I walk, I step beside the street into the grass. "Aagghh," I lose my balance and in seconds strong arms embrace me, letting me steady myself back on the streets.

In shock, I stare into his eyes, too dark to see his face. The lights of his car shine into my eyes and it's hard to look in his direction. His grip on my arms loosens and I take the opportunity to step away from him. "Sofia, I ..." His voice falters with each step I take I make more room between us. "What? If I knew you would come, I would have never shown up." I snap angrily. I see him yanking his hand through his hair. He always did that when he doesn't know what to say or when he got nervous. I swallow the lump away and hesitate for a moment. The bastard doesn't even know what to say to me. I thought he was a powerful man by now, but I was wrong. He's just pathetic, not man enough to face me and tell me the truth.

"You know what, I'll help you! I don't even care what you want to say! Just leave me alone!" I hiss in disappointment. Angrily, I take off my heels and on my bare feet, I walk further away from him. From a distance, I hear him closing the door of his car, the engine growling again. I can't believe this has happened. I need to get home as soon as possible. Luckily, the ground was dry, or else I would have wet feet in no time. A chilly breeze greets me again and I embrace myself, brushing with my hands. The nights are still quite chilly this season.

Suddenly I hear his car approaching me again. For fuck's sake, can't he leave me be? Wasn't I clear enough the first time. "Are you going to walk to your parent's house on bare feet?" I hear him asking me from his car. He drove beside me with his window open. "Yes," I answer roughly. "Sofia, it's cold. Let me drive you home?" He suggests carefully. His voice changed a little. It sounded a little deeper. I shake my head in disbelief. "As I would ever let you drive me home," I say coldly. "You have let me do it before." He responds without thinking."Exactly my point!" I growl, agitated. "Sofia, come on. I promise to behave. It's dangerous outside!" Michael yells frustrated. "Not as dangerous as you. Fuck of Michael!" I respond angrily.

From anger, I feel my body shake. I had a terrible time walking properly. It was almost as my veins could pop from pumping too hard. Effortlessly, Michael speeds up and parks his car just in front of me, blocking my way. "What the fuck. Who do you think you are!" I yell when he steps out of his car. "You know me well enough. I would never let a woman walk in the cold, bare feet in the night." He answers with a mischievous look on his face. "Let me pass, Michael!" I hiss. "No way," He answers carelessly. Then he walks closer to me until he stands a few inches from me. "Don't you fucking dare come any closer." I whisper-shout angrily, feeling the heat inside of my core.

"Or what?" He asks smugly. "You'll see what happens next, but I can guarantee you it won't be funnnnnn!!!" I squeal when he swiftly yanks me over his shoulder. "Michael, let me down!" I shout in horror. "Michael!!!" I scream my lungs out and he roughly drops me on the passenger seat, closing the door in my face and quickly locking the car. I roughly try to open the door, but it won't budge. He just locked me in his damn car!