Chapter 20

I'm laying outside in the sun, playing with my sunglasses when Tessa appears beside me. "Are you okay?" She questions me with concern. I look up at her and smile. "I'm fine, just thinking about the past days. It's been quite the rollercoaster." I say, trying to ease my tension about what the hell happened these past days.

"I know, it's unbelievable." She sighs, lowering herself beside me. "I haven't heard from him since we've left for France," I inform her with a quiet voice. She must have seen my displeasure and settles herself on the very broad chair beside me, her hair tickling my nose by her closeness.

"He'll call you Sofia. Maybe he's just busy in Belgium." Tessa informs me. "Didn't he call Tom yet?" I ask her curiously, hoping to find an answer to my nerves. "No, otherwise you would be the first one to know," Tessa says. "How long do we have to stay here?" I ask her. "Not for long. Michael has made sure we won't stay at one place for the entire month. Tomorrow we will travel to Marseille with a rental car." Tessa explains to me.

I nod and look at the children playing in the pool in front of me. This hotel was very luxurious and has all the facilities to keep all of the guests satisfied, even the children. "Where's Tom?" I ask Tessa, noticing his absence.

"He's taking a shower. He'll be here pretty soon." Tessa says with a big smile. "Oh, don't you need to be with him now?" I giggle and laugh even harder when I notice her blushed cheeks. "We had sex alright." She chuckles. "Thought so," I reply shortly, a wide grin on my face.

"Sofia, what will happen when all of this is over. Are you going to give him another chance?" She asks out of the blue. I think about her question for a few seconds. Yeah, never thought about that before. I'm so consumed by the thrill of all the events that I had stopped thinking about my future.

"If I have to be honest, I didn't give it a thought before. And the answer to your question is that I still do not know. I don't know if I can trust him. It's been seven years since I only felt hatred toward him. Now that's changing, but it isn't gone completely. I can't erase those seven years out of my mind like it never happened because it did. Really don't know if I can ever trust him a hundred percent." I explain softly.

"That's only understandable, Sofia," Tessa answers me. "But enough talking about my shitty life let's talk about you and the baby." I smile at her, happily changing the subject to my friend and her little wonder.

"When do you know the gender of the child?" I ask her greedily. "I could have known it now, but we decided to wait till birth. We want to surprise ourselves." She says cheerfully. "Oh no, so you tell me I have to wait for seven months until I can buy loads of baby stuff!" I yell in astonishment.

"You can buy baby clothing but buy something neutral, like grey or white or blue stuff." She tells me. "Yeah, I can do that." I smile at her. "I'm so happy for the both of you," I add. "Me too." Tessa grins at me. "One day you'll have that too," Tessa says seriously. "Hmm, someday," I repeat, my thoughts wandering to a dark brown-haired baby with blue eyes.

POV Michael

I extend my hand to mister Wouters, shaking it gratefully. "It was such a pleasure working with you, mister Wouters," I tell him with an honest smile. "No, it was a pleasure for us. I'm happy we could make a deal that will benefit both of us. But it surprised me you wanted to arrange everything by yourself." He explains with a small smile.

"I wanted to closure this deal myself because you were always trustworthy to our company and this contract was worth traveling." I smile at him. "Indeed, so. Well, I hope I'll hear from you soon when all the arrangements are finished, so we can start building." Mister Wouters says eagerly.

"I'm sure it won't take longer than two months. I'll keep you posted." I say to him. "Have a safe flightt to your country, mister Davis." He says with an honest smile. "Thanks," I reply before heading off to my hotel room.

It's been five days since I saw Sofia. Now everything is ready here, I can travel to France. I make sure my luggage has locks on them when the hotel boy comes collecting all of my things. Wearing my sunglasses, I step inside the elevator, a few people gazing at me. I know it's kind of strange wearing sunglasses inside a building, but when I enter the car, I want to drive as soon as possible. The sooner I'm ready, the sooner I can go to her.

It's still a one day drive, but I feel optimistic and happy I can finally see her again. From my detective Will, they were all okay, but I have to take her somewhere else. I can't live with myself if something happens to her. This damage I've caused her is all my fault, and I'm the one that has to change it again. Hopefully, she'll trust me again.

It hurt so much seeing her stressed out, knowing she's a bit of a control freak. She knows I'll do this for her safety and because I truly care for her.

As she fell asleep in my arms after the night club events, a strange feeling of comfort overtook me. I felt home again. My home is where she is. It doesn't matter what the outcome will be because I'll know she's safe and sound. But if I want to believe in God for once, I beg she'll come back to me. Her body and soul wrapped with mine again like we used to.

We were such a powerful couple and still so young. But what we had was real, and at some point in my head I knew nobody could ever touch us, keep us apart, but I was wrong. I've waited seven years for this moment, but it's still waiting for the end of the month when we can closure the contract. I'll sign the end of the bargain and my parents will sign their end. The end of their dictatorial life. The end of their wealth and lies. Hopefully, the end of their fucking lives.

I dial Geneviève her number and wait until she picks up. "Hi dear, your father called an hour ago." She greets me. "What did you say to him?" I ask her. "That you were closing a deal in Belgium and when you would return we would go on a small vacation to celebrate our engagement." She says as I instructed her to do. "And did he believe you?" I ask her.

"Of course, he did. That will keep him satisfied for a while, but knowing your father, he'll call again to make sure we aren't lying." She says. "You know what to do, Geneviève," I tell her. "Yes, I'll send him the pictures of us." She obeys. "Within a month I can call myself the biggest club owner in America." She says cheerfully.

"Yes, only if you play your role well, or else you'll know what will happen with the information I gained." I threaten her. "I know, I know. You don't need to repeat yourself each time." She says irritated. "Alright then, keep me posted," I instruct her before ending the call.

That's arranged then. I didn't hear from my mother since my engagement with Geneviève. Now she knows I'm going to marry a wealthy woman she has left me alone, not bothering me each day to remind me of the contract. She's equally evil as dad. The things she did together with my father and her betrayal in marriage left a trail of pain. This information is so important it's still hard to keep my mouth shut every time I see them smiling or laughing, living the life they created as worthy. But they didn't deserve shit!

When I was still studying in New York, I found out my mother had an affair years ago. With the money I got I bought information from my detective Will, the same person as my detective now. I trusted him because what he had found out was major news. Will is the best detective and I can only be grateful for him entering my life. But the ones that are good and honest to me, I reward them in return. So when Will opened his catering business he had a rough time pulling the strings. I helped him financially and when everything is over he can change his business back into its rightful name.

What Will found out was so important it made me dig deeper and deeper into their secrets. My mother had an affair with a schoolteacher, that accidentally was my professor that gave economics. I gained a bond with him already before I got the news of my mother's affair. Vincent Graham is my biological father. It's a secret my mother kept hidden for my father, and now I can use that against them, against the contract, and not to mention the most shocking part of their betrayal.

The baby in the picture with me wasn't my niece. My mother lied my entire life. Will has found out who the girl in the picture was. Will has hacked my mother's bank account and every month she gives money to an institution for people with mental and physical limitations. So we searched deeper to find out she gave the money to a girl a few years younger than me. Her name is Felicity, and she's my half-sister.