Chapter 39

Eight months later
(Long chapter)

"That's way too much pink, jewel." He brushes a hand through his now longer hair. Michael insisted on helping with the baby shower, and now he's complaining again. "Stop nagging about the pink. We are having a girl for God sakes." I blurted in annoyance. My mood swings not helping me at the moment.

I need to calm down, but I just can't help to hold my bearings any longer. "You know what. You do it." I shove the pink napkins in his hands before storming out of the room. I lower myself on the chair, under the old tree, looking out to the field full of sheep. The cool morning breeze giving me chills.

"Baby, I'm sorry." Michael lowers himself beside me with concern. "It's not your fault, Michael. I'll be so happy if I can hold her in my arms. It's been a stressful week and now that stupid baby shower." I explain him softly.

"I understand, but I thought you didn't want help from anyone?" Michael asks in confusion. "I was foolish and too naïve to think I'm still capable of arranging everything on my own." I hesitate. "You know what. Take a nice nap because I know you haven't slept tonight. I'll arrange everything." Michael says, brushing his hand over my cheek in a soothing way.

I relax at the thought of having a peaceful nap. "And it would benefit your mood as well. We don't want you to scare our guests away." Michael joked. I giggle and glance at our yard. We bought the house two months ago, after a long search for our dream house. I begged for a big yard so we can have animals in the future. And for our little girl, who probably wants to play outside as well.

"I'm loving it here." I admit and enjoy the view. Michael places his hand on my almost exploding belly. I'm feeling like an elephant sometimes. "Imagine our little girl playing in the grass with her dolls, in the background a few alpaca's playing with each other." Michael says with a bright smile.

"Alpaca's, huh?" I asked mockingly. "Why not?" Michael asks sheepishly. "They spit. What if they spit on your daughter?" I ask him seriously. My mother instinct already taking over my rational mind.

"I probably would kill them next." Michael answers and I slap his arm. "We will not kill an alpaca because we will not take one. I prefer goats and a few pigs, maybe a pony for our daughter when she's older. But they need to be super tame!" I explain and Michael hears me out, his handsome smile coming in view.

I lean closer and plant my lips on his, slipping my tongue inside of his mouth. He tastes so good that I crave for more. "Jewel, you're distracting me from my work. Get some rest!" Michael chuckles before giving me a quick peck on the lips and ushering me back inside the house.

"But..." I object in a rush. "No buts, you..sleep..now!" Michael orders me dominantly. I glance over his shoulder and see there's still so much work that has to get done before tonight. "Sofia," Michael lifts my chin up with his hand.

"I'm a boss with a multinational business. If I can handle over thousand employees, I can arrange a small baby shower as well, don't you think?" Michael lifts one eyebrow up, his mouth twitches. "You are right. You can handle everything. If you can handle my mood swings, this will be a piece of cake." I admit softly.

"Yes, and they are the worst sometimes." Michael chuckles and I slap his arm playfully. "It's because of your sperm, though." I say boldly. "No, it's because you forgot to take your pill." Michael joked. "But, you know I'm glad you did." Michael adds quickly.

I send him a cheerful smile before heading upstairs to our bed. I draw the covers over my head and sigh hard. This wasn't my plan at all. I slept so bad I can't even help Michael with all the arrangements. Groaning in annoyance, I close my eyes, hoping for sleep to find me.