Chapter 32

Long chapter!

Since we had a conversation about Geneviève and his father, Michael seemed on edge almost the entire time. I helped him with everything, but it was hard seeing him distressed about the whole event. It's still another three weeks before he can tear the contract into pieces, if he wins. I trust his judgement and I'm sure he has the best attorney to do the job, but there's a feeling that keeps nagging inside of me. Why would his dad play it fair? He wasn't a reasonable man, and that will never change.

"What are you doing?" Michael asks, and I almost jumped out of my skin. "I'm folding our clothes that came out of the dryer." I inform him with a sweet smile. "Stop with what you're doing. I'm taking you for a walk. It's such a pleasant weather." Michael says, pulling me against his torso.

"Okay." I answer shortly. I'm glad he doesn't want to stay in the house for another three weeks. I was afraid he wanted to keep me indoors until the fifth. I pull on comfortable shoes and take my sunglasses off the kitchen counter. "I'm ready." I say cheerfully.

I loop my arm behind his, feeling energetic about the walk. "Where do you want to go?" Michael asks with a radiant smile. "To the beach?" I ask him with positive enthusiasm. "Why not? I'll follow you everywhere." Michael says. He plants a small kiss on my head. The gesture gave me butterflies in my stomach.

I'm so in love with this man. He's too sweet, almost too perfect to be real. "Michael?" I ask him hesitantly. "Yes, baby?" He answers with a grin. "Can I ask you something?" I ask.

"That depends on the subject. I'm not in the mood to talk about my father or my mother." He answers with honesty. "No, of course not." I reply quickly. Hopefully, I didn't fuck up his good mood. "Can you tell me about your sister?" I add a little unsure.

Michael nods, a smile appearing on his face. I exhale loudly and relax my shoulders when he starts talking with excitement. "Felicity is three-years younger than me wich you probably know by now. She has the same hair color as me, but her eyes are lighter than mine. She's beautiful and so smart. Although, she is sitting in a wheelchair, it doesn't hold her back to study hard for a degree. She has that willpower I can only dream of. She's always optimistic, even when she knows she'll never walk again." Michael sums up with a never leaving smile.

"She sounds wonderful." I admit, squeezing his arm lightly. "She is. I can't wait to introduce you to her. But I have to warn you. She knows almost everything about us. Felicity is the most noisy person you'll ever meet." Michael chuckles.

"But it's in a good way. She means well." Michael adds. "If she has the same DNA as you, I know she's a good person. I don't have to meet her to know that." I say with a bright smile, enjoying our talk. Michael nods and gazes in front of him to see the horizon above the waves. The sun was already coming down.

"That view. I could sit here every day to witness the beauty of nature." I exclaim in admiration. "My view is so much better." Michael says with a wicked smile. "Michael," I punch his arm lightly. A giggle leaving my mouth. "What? I'm telling the truth." Michael admits, his body leaning towards me. I place my arms around his neck and gaze into his sincere eyes. He presses a soft kiss on my lips, making my knees buckle once again.

This man is sensational, and he knows it. Michael runs his thumb across my bottom lip, groaning when my tongue darts out to lick him. "Sofia, do you want me to take you here?" He asks seductively. I withdraw from him and look around us, examining the entire beach for any movement. I'm not sure I'm considering having sex with Michael at a public place. Every second someone can discover us. "Baby, you're on fire and you light me up like a match." Michael kisses me before taking both of my hands.

Michael leads me to the dunes, a devilishly handsome smile plastered on his face. We are really doing this. Michael leans over, letting his mouth run over my collarbone and up to my neck. His hand travels low. His thumb caresses the inside of my thigh and I bite my lip on a moan. "Michael," I breathe. "What do you want, jewel?" He asks.