Chapter 15

POV Michael

"What do you mean she isn't home?" I ask my detective roughly. "Sir, the last thing I saw was her friend visiting her. Sofia's car is standing where she left it after her return from the airport." He tells me carefully. "How come you lost her at your sight?" I ask him firmly. "Because I'be bought something to eat. I was gone for ten minutes tops." He answers.

I sigh at his response. Of course, the man needs to eat something. "It's alright. I'll visit her tomorrow then when she has returned." I end the call. I still need to make sure my arrival here has something to do with business or else dad will think I'm here for other reasons. The reason that makes me the person I want to be. A person that needs to be close with the woman he still loves most. After all those years, nothing has changed my feelings for her.

I lived in agony because of her absence. I've missed her so much and now I'm this close to telling her everything, it makes me impatient. I take my phone and call a good friend of mine, someone I can trust. "Jef, it's Michael." I greet him. "Michael, how are you?" He asked me. "Good, but I need your help with something," I tell him in a serious tone. "I'm listening," Jef responds formally.

"I need you to arrange an appointment with Geneviève for tonight," I order him. "Geneviève? I thought you weren't interested in her requests." Jef asked me hesitantly. "As far as I've heard, she's still looking for an investor. So I'm sure she's eager to listen to my proposal." I tell him. "I think you're right," Jef answers shortly. "I'll call you as soon as I've got information from her," Jef says before ending the call.

I toss my phone on the bed and saunter to the bathroom. A hot shower is what I need right now. I quickly strip down and turn on the shower, steaming water pouring down. Suddenly my phone rings and I make my way toward the annoying sound fully naked. If I didn't need that stupid piece of technology, I would have tossed it out of the closest window. "Yeah?" I greet Jef shortly.

"Michael, I have good news. She's still interested in your proposal and she can see you tonight." Jef tells me. "Great, where do I meet her?" I ask him. "She will wait for you in the new club Voltage just out of town." He tells me. Not a normal place to discuss business, but knowing Geneviève, she's not a normal businesswoman. "Okay, thanks, Jef!" I reply appreciatively. "You've helped me plenty of times Michael. Glad I can help you. See you soon." He answers before hanging up the phone.

I search my dad's number and wait until he picks up the phone. "Michael, I've heard you did a great job in Oregon." He greets me. His foul voice making me sick instantly. "It meant nothing. Why I call you. I'm in New Orleans for a short while. I'll be staying with Geneviève. She also wants to discuss my former business proposal." I explain to him. "That's excellent news. Take care of it Michael or you'll know the consequences about your future. She's soon becoming your wife so don't fuck this up." He threatened me. "I'll call you later," I tell him boldly before hanging up the phone. I toss my phone back on the bed and make my way to the shower.

Geneviève is a French businesswoman with a different taste of doing business. She has a prominent name in the erotic class. She has multiple strip clubs, and she wants to expand a little more. A few months ago dad ordered me to get an appointment with her. At first, I thought this would be a normal business meeting, but I ended in a strip club with a bunch of naked women around my neck, including her. Not that I had complaints about it, but Geneviève had other plans for our arrangement.

Geneviève was an old classmate in New York. A very wealthy girl around my age. I would lie if she wasn't hot. With her dark blonde hair and pouty lips, she was a very desirable young woman, but I never spoke with her before. When dad found out the lovely Geneviève went to the same school as me, he instructed me to date her. "She's very rich and beautiful. What do you want more in a future wife?" He had asked me back in the days but I refused. There was only one woman in my mind.