Chapter 27

POV Michael

I gaze at Sofia and try to hide my impressions of her. She's the most stunning woman I've ever seen. That fact has never changed. She's still stuck in my head and I'm convinced there's nothing in my power I can change about that.

Silently, she takes a few bites of her dish and she moans silently. I can feel my cock react to such a subtle noise. I rather want to hear her moaning in my bed, but this will do for now.

It's so hard to keep a little distance between us because the way I feel about her grows stronger every day. The urge to embrace her, touch her and eventually make her mine again is becoming unbearable.

I promised her to go at her own pace, and that's me keeping my word. It's not my intention to screw things up between us for the second time in a row. This means the world to me, so I'm trying my best to be cautious with my words and closeness.

When she shut my mouth because I was gawking at her, the torment it had cost me to carry her back upstairs was agonizing. I need to blow off some steam before getting to bed tonight.

"What are you thinking? I can almost hear your brain crack." Sofia giggles. "Nothing specifically. My mind is supposed to be a secret for everyone, also for you." I say carefully. "Hmm, that's fair enough." Sofia smiles at me before continuing to eat. I proceed as well and let my mind rest for a while. I think my head will explode one day if I'll not calm the fuck down.

"Do you want a dessert?" I ask Sofia when Frederico took away our empty plates. "I don't know, you?" She asks me, curiously. I smile at her sweetness. Once in a while, she is giving me glimpses of the old Sofia, and I'm sure she doesn't even know it. She's always been a sweet and innocent girl with a feisty side. That's what I love about her. Sofia is complicated, but when you get to know her better, she's the best thing that can happen to a person. She's loyal, friendly, sweet, and dominant when it's needed.

That woman can rule me, that's the power she has over me. "You need to decide. Whatever you choose to do, it doesn't matter to me." I answer her calmly.

Sofia thinks for a moment, and when Frederico arrived I see a light in her eyes. "Frederico, do you mind if we take desserts with us? I'm so full." She says with such a cute face. Who can ever say no to that face?

"Of course not Bella. What would you like as desserts?" Frederick asked her with a wide smile plastered on his face. "You can choose. Surprise us." Sofia says with a massive grin.

"Okay, be right back with the big surprise," Frederico says too cheerfully. What's he up to? I frown at him and he just waves of my interest by whispering something in my ear.

My mouth twitches in frustration and Frederico winks at me. The Italian bastard, always trying to steal women. Shaking my head in disbelief, Frederico laughs at my not amused expression. He had whispered, "this is a dessert made with love. Enjoy it, and if it doesn't work out between the two of you, let me know so I can charm the lady."

Sofia eyes us in curiosity, an amused smile appearing on her beautiful face. "Frederico go fetch the desserts." I say shortly, trying my best to not seem too irritated. I know Frederico was fooling around, but the idea of her with him or any other man hurts like hell. Frederico pats my shoulder and leaves the table in laughter. Crazy fuck.

"What was that all about?" Sofia asked me curiously. "Nothing, Frederico is being an ass as usual." I inform her quickly. "Hmm," Sofia says with crooked eyebrows. "Are you tired?" I ask her, trying to hold my bearings for a moment because I don't want to reveal too much emotion for what I'm going to propose. I hope she will say yes because I know this will do her good.

"No, why?" She questions me, eyeing me with curiosity. "What do you think about a walk on the beach? We can eat dessert there or at home. You can decide." I tell her. Sofia's expression changes and a wide smile appears on her too gorgeous face.