.3 - detention with the Weasley twins.

O C T O B E R   1 9 9 3

While walking to her Transfiguration class, she heard a special Gryffindor speaking about her. Brynn Hudson. The girl was gorgeous but rather bitchy sometimes, especially to Evelyn and her brother, Draco. Perhaps they deserved it. Brynn was stood with her friend, Katie Bell, in the corner of the hall whispering things that Evelyn could hear clearly. Katie looked like she was zoned out and nodded along mindlessly.

"-Malfoy is just such a whore." Hudson huffed, her arms crossed while Bell looked rather weirded out at her words for a moment. Evelyn stopped in her tracks and looked over at her. A few students continued on, not wanting trouble, but others stayed to watch. "Like seriously. She's fucked everyone in the school. I wouldn't be surprised if there were flyers saying if she gets paid, she'll fuck anyone. I bet she'd drool over the idea of having a centaur-"

Evelyn tossed her books aside, wiping her hands against the other. The sound of her books crashing on the floor made Hudson turn around. Right at that Evelyn swung a punch across her face. Hudson pounced on her and brought them to the floor. She was rather strong but Evelyn had practice at dear ol' Beauxbatons and with punching a pillow in the Manor. Hudson was on top of her, missing every punch she threw as Evelyn either moved her body so she'd hit the concrete floor or simply grab the girl's hand. Evelyn pushed her aside and watched as she fiddled for her wand. Evelyn grabbed her wand, successfully and whispering a disarming charm the Gryffindor.

"Why do you look so startled Hudson?" Evelyn teased breathlessly. Her wand was pointed right at the Gryffindor's throat, her head tilted up. "Didn't think this whore knew how to hit?"

Students scattered as Hudson laid on the floor, her nose bleeding and cheeks teary. Steps marched right up to the two of them and Evelyn knew who it was immediately.

"Detention Miss Malfoy." The slow drawl of a voice echoed. Evelyn let out a low chuckle and turned around to see Severus Snape. He was in his usual all black robes and his greasy black hair hung down.

"Lovely." Bell had gone and grabbed a few of her friends to help her carry Brynn to the hospital wing which included Fred and George Weasley of course. Fred stared at Evelyn for a moment in disbelief as he arrived. Snape had now been holding her arm as he told her something obviously displeasing as her face scrunched a bit. Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows, pulling her arm from the Professors grasp and left silently.

-

Evelyn pushed open the door to Snape's classroom and found the Professor sat at his desk while the Weasley twins were sat at the same desk on the right side of the room. She raised a quick eyebrow at them before moving to the left side of the classroom and sitting down in the back. She pushed her legs up to rest on the empty stool beside her and leant her head on her fisted hand while her elbow propped it up on the desk.

"What are we doing today, sir." Evelyn stated in a teasing tone as Snape was grading papers, his quill scratching loudly at the parchment. She fluttered her long eyelashes flirtatiously. He looked up momentarily at her, his expression blank. Fred rolled his eyes and looked away as George fiddled with his robes.

"You three can wait a moment until I tell you what you'll be doing." Snape stated, looking back at his papers and checking something with his quill before moving the parchment aside. Evelyn caught sight of a large zero on the paper and sucked in a breath, praying for that poor soul.

"Come on Severus!" Evelyn let out a load groan, her head hanging back. "Just give me the damn task so I can go take a nap. I'm exhausted."

"You weren't very exhausted when you hit Miss Hudson." Snape added, still looking over his papers. Evelyn frowned.

"She shouldn't have called me a 'whore'." Evelyn mumbled, fiddling with the cuffs of her robes. Fred went red and George snickered.

"Alright." Snape huffed and stood from his seat, grabbing his quill and ink along with his left-over papers. "You will be cleaning the room, without magic. Once done sit quietly until I return. Do you understand?" They all nodded. Snape then went around his desk and walked out of the room, a faint clicking meaning he locked the door.

"Asshole." Evelyn whispered before standing up. She slid her wand out of her pocket and flicked it, making a mop whisk over to her from the corner of the classroom.

"No magic, Malfoy." George told her in a tone Evelyn didn't appreciate, while grabbing a rag from a cupboard.

Evelyn shoved her wand away and began to mop the floors. George was cleaning the windows and the glasses in the cupboards while Fred wiped down the desks and chairs. Once Evelyn finished the floors, she moved to help Fred on the other side of the room. Two hours passed and the room was spotless. Mostly. Evelyn didn't notice Fred's glances at her which was probably a good thing. She sat in a wooden seat and leant back in it, sighing obviously to show her boredom.

"Why did you even punch Brynn?" Fred asked, wanting to make small talk as the silence was awful. Both Evelyn and George gave him a 'look'

"She did call her a whore Freddie." George sighed, shoving his brother's shoulder slightly. "I'd punch the girl too."

"I did always like you, Weasley." Evelyn chuckled and leant back against her chair, gazing at the two twin brothers. "You use your head, unlike your brother."

"Thank you." George grinned and puffed out his chest. Evelyn was smiling at him which made Fred only get more upset for some reason.

"How do you know she wasn't talking about me Georgie?" Fred continued, fiddling with his tie before letting his hands rest on the table. "We both have the name Weasley."

"It's obvious who I was talking about." Evelyn spoke before George could. George nodded at his brother with a smirk. "Why are you two even here?"

"Got caught pranking dear old Filch." Fred snickered, wrapping an arm around George as the two-faced Evelyn.

"Didn't see it coming, did he Freddie?" George questioned, ruffling his twin's hair before Fred fixed it by running his hand through it, frowning a bit.

"No, he didn't." Fred laughed for a second more before they were left smiling. Evelyn opened her mouth to speak again but Snape walked through the door. She said nothing but stood up and walked right out. The twins looked at each other, shrugged, before following her out. They went separate ways and acted like they weren't just getting along.