.17 - freckled fist

M A Y   1 9 9 4

Evelyn was sat bored in Potions class so as any sane person would do she took the powder she knew would make the potion explode and dumped it all in at once. The room filled with smoke and an unimpressed Severus Snape gave her detention. Like her last detention with Snape, she cleaned his room. What she didn't expect to find was the very black notebook with silver outlined drawing she'd given Fred. Evelyn flicked the notebook open and found beside a few instructions he wrote notes.

'have done'

'can't do'

'too hard'

'try this with George'

'easy'

'maybe Filch?'

Evelyn smiled at his awful writing and turned as the door opened, shutting the book softly. Fred Weasley stood there with a confused expression laid on Evelyn as she stared at him. She lifted the hand that held the notebook with a smile.

"Forget this Weasley?"

"I thought we were off last name basis Malfoy." Fred teased with a small frown as he walked over to take the book from Evelyn.

"You write notes in there I see." Evelyn teased in a small whisper as Fred rolled his eyes slightly.

"Future Fred is very forgetful and needs a reminder." Evelyn giggled before continuing to sweep the floors. "What'd you do?"

"Blew up a potion on purpose." Evelyn shrugging, not giving Fred a glance as she continued. "I was bored."

"Ah makes so much sense." Fred mocked as Evelyn hit his shoulder. "No need for violence."

"Shut up and go already." Fred raised his hands and left the room as Evelyn continued to serve her detention.

-

Evelyn left about ten or so minutes later when Snape had returned. The moment she turned the corner at the end of the hall she was slammed against the wall which hurt horribly and made her yelp. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Alexander holding her down with his eyebrows furrows and his hands holding down Evelyn by her wrists.

"Let go!" Evelyn tried to knee him but he probably saw it coming as he kicked her leg back making tears well in her eyes. "Get off of me Burke!"

"You threw the fucking ring away." Alexander spat. "Then you helped Weasley in the Quidditch game. Knocking my Bludger away."

"I'm sorry, alright? Let me go!" Evelyn squirmed and tried to get away but felt helpless. Soon a freckled fist came across Alexander's face making him fall to the floor.

Fred fucking Weasley.