.38 - uneasy

J U N E   1 9 9 5

Evelyn was stood with Draco in the stands as the third and final task of the Triwizard tournament began. Both siblings wore all black, Draco in a suit and Evelyn in a sweater and skirt. She'd actually gotten him the suit for his fifteenth birthday. Everyone watched as the champions entered before they were entertained with their thoughts as chatter filled the stands. After a while Fleur was brought out, like the second task, all scratched. She'd been attacked again. Evelyn felt, uneasy. She felt eyes on her making her feel like she was trapped in a way.

Not long later an unconscious Viktor Krum was brought out of the maze. Evelyn took Draco's hand and he didn't push it away. She squeezed it as her body perked up straight, watching as Viktor was laid on the grass. He woke up not too long later and seemed to not remember anything. Evelyn's mind went straight to the Imperius curse but she shook the unbelievable idea away. The uneasy feeling continued as an hour passed without a sign of anyone returning. Evelyn began to tap her foot and grow anxious. No one else seemed to recognize this as they talked with their friends. Her hand was now apart from Draco's as he went to go sit with Blaise and Pansy.

The band began playing again as two bodies hit the grass floor. Relief didn't was over Evelyn as she stared wide eyed at the two boys over the wooden railing. Cheers erupted as Amos Diggory hugged a few people. Fleur Delacour's screams signaled everyone something was wrong as Harry Potter sobbed over Cedric Diggory's dead body. Evelyn felt frozen. The uneasy feeling was at it's max as a dead boy was laying on the floor.

A hand wrapped around her waist and began pulling her away. Evelyn knew from the inaudible whispers it was Fred. She tried to look back but Fred forced her head away as he led her away from the arena. He pulled her into a dim corridor as Evelyn was still in shock.

"What the fuck." Evelyn whispered to herself but Fred heard her clearly. "What the fuck just happened!" Evelyn shouted this time as tears welled in her eyes. She paced around as one of her fisted hands began to hit her wrist in a way to bring out her stress. "He was, dead. Dead, Fred! Harry fucking Potter was laid over a dead body! How did he- I don't understand. Cedric was always so nice and- I never spoke to him but he never was an asshole and even told his friends to stop insulting me! I shouldn't even care! I didn't know him, Fred-"

Fred interrupted her with a hug. She hugged him back as she began to cry. Not sob as she had no reason to but she did cry. Fred slowly brought them both to the floor and let Evelyn curl into his body. He stroked her short hair and whispered comforting things. He reminded her of happier memories and told her about his childhood which made Evelyn fall fast asleep. He carried her to his own dorm where the two fell asleep in his bed.