.36 - of age

A P R I L   1 9 9 5

Of course, who could forget April first was the Weasley twins birthday. Evelyn didn't but seemed to ignore it. She was sat in the library with her head buried into a book. Fred found her in the afternoon after about an hour of looking. He strutted over, his hands dug into his pockets before taking the wooden chair and turning it around so his legs could straddle the back and his arms could rest at the top. Evelyn knew he was there but paid no attention to him.

"So, what's my gift?" Fred asked Evelyn as she looked up to meet his eyes. "I'm seventeen my darling. I need a gift for this special event. You didn't even get me anything last year."

"Did you not receive the chain necklace?" Evelyn felt a bit hurt and the slight crack in her voice showed Fred.

"Oh! I forgot about that." Fred took his hand and pulled it out from under his jumper. "I didn't even realize I was wearing it."

"Well even if I didn't get you that I did save you from that Bludger." Evelyn hummed as she picked her book back up.

"I knew you did something." Fred sighed and grabbed the front of the chair to allow himself to lean back, his feet holding the chair in place. "I still want a gift."

"Greedy." Evelyn rolled her eyes and shut her book as Fred pretending to gasp, a hand on his chest. She dug into the small white purse that was sat on the floor to her side and pulled out a small crochet deep orange bag and tossed it to Fred who then quickly caught it. "There you are."

"A, purse?" Fred guessed as he looked over the plain object. "Thanks." He didn't sound very thankful.

"Give me the damn bag." Evelyn reached over and took the bag from his hands. She took her book and placed it inside the bag effortlessly which Fred was shocked at as the bag was half the size of it. "See?"

"Like an endless bag?" Fred asked Evelyn which she nodded at. She took the book out and handed the bag back to a now grateful Fred. "Well this will be useful."

"No cheek ideas, Fred." Evelyn scolded him as she knew prank idea's were flooding into his head. "Don't make me regret it." She sighed while standing up and taking her purse and moving over to the nearby shelf to put her book away.

"I have no idea of what you're talking about." Fred shrugged as he took the book from Evelyn's hands and put it onto a taller shelf. "Shall I walk you to class?"

"Do I have a choice?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow.

"Nope." He took her wrist and tugged her along with a groan coming from Evelyn. He walked her down to her class which she informed him was Transfiguration. Once they arrived to the doors, Fred took Evelyn's arm and spun her around so she had to say goodbye.

"Goodbye, Fred." Evelyn laughed as she relaxed in his gentle grip. "I have a free period after this so I'll be back in the library. I'll need you to get the book down from the shelf."

"I'll be there." Fred winked. He released her had and gave a salute before the two parted ways.