.34 - valentines of 1995

F E B R U A R Y  1 9 9 5

For Valentines Day, Evelyn spent her day with Dobby.

"Dobby." Evelyn said as she took a velvet cupcake from the counter. "How did you get freed? I know by Potter but what did he do exactly?"

"Well you see Miss Evelyn," Dobby coughed to clear his throat. "Master Harry Potter sir had taken a sock and put it inside of a journal then given it to Mister Lucius sir." Dobby explained. "Mister Lucius sir gave Dobby the notebook and Master Harry Potter sir then told Dobby to open it which Dobby did then found a sock!" Dobby threw his hands into the air. "Mister Lucius sir had given Dobby a sock and freed him accidently."

"Clever boy he is." Evelyn smiled as she bit into the cupcake. "Shall we play an old game of checkers? I know you did love it when I was a child."

Dobby said nothing but squealed before disappearing with a pop. A moment later he returned on the counter with the game in hand. Evelyn took it and set it up as Dobby would mix up the colors on each side to make it 'prettier'. They began and Dobby would always clap for Evelyn when she took one of his pieces so she did the same for him. 

"Mister Fred Weasley has spoken a lot about you Miss Evelyn." Dobby told her as Evelyn moved one of her pieces.

"Has he?" Evelyn hummed with a small smile. "What about?"

"He speaks to Dobby about how he likes your eyes and your hair. Also he told Dobby he likes how pretty you are and that you are very confident." Dobby added quickly before moving a piece.

"He is very kind." Evelyn told Dobby who nodded in agreement. Soon enough the game ended and Dobby had won. Evelyn gave him a cupcake for a prize and he disagreed at first before eating it quickly so no other elves would see. Dobby gave Evelyn a pair of pink socks he'd made while Evelyn gave him a Slytherin scarf as the weather was getting oddly colder.

That was one of Evelyn's favorite Valentines Day's she'd ever experienced. Fred on the other hand felt rather jealous as she wouldn't tell him where she was or who she was with.