.23 - world cup of 1994

A U G U S T   1 9 9 4

They were at the World Cup. The Weasley's at the World Cup. It felt unbelievable to Fred but while his mind wandered on what it'd be like the pretty face of the Malfoy's one and only daughter popped in his mind. He wondered if she'd be there and made sure to keep an eye out for the girl. Both Fred and George had longer hair now along with Ron which the style looked much better on than them. The Weasley family walked up a staircase to find their seats, Harry and Hermione accompanying them while their Mom stayed back at home.

"Blimey Dad!" Ron cried out as he gazed down over the railing. "How far up are we?"

"Let's put it this way," Before Arthur could answer an annoying voice did instead. Fred's eyes glared over at Lucius Malfoy and his son, Draco. "If it rains, you'll be the first to know."

"You were always a bitch to the Weasley's." The voice Fred adored chimed in and he turned to see Evelyn looking dazzling as always. Her hair was short once again and the under layer was a pretty silvery grey which matched her eyes. She wore a silky black skirt that laid on her thighs with a slightly lighter black belt and a button up light grey top that was rather baggy and the buttons were undone to show her gorgeous black bralette. Her hands were decorated with the usual rings and she had on silver heels to match her hair. "I never did understand why." She hummed again, checking her nails which were painted a smooth green.

"I thought I specifically told you to stay home, Evelyn." Lucius said in a tone which was angry but tried to stay calm.

"Where's the fun in that?" Evelyn smiled, tilting her hair and making her smooth blonde and silver hair sway before standing upright. "Oh and before you ask, I bought my own seats. Shouldn't leave your wallet out, huh?" Evelyn pulled out a black wallet and tossed it to her father who glared at her. Evelyn glanced up to Fred, giving a wink before walking past her father and purposely shoving her shoulder into him.

"She's so your type, Freddie." George told Fred as he watched the red appear on his cheeks before they all continued to their seats.

-

Maybe heel's weren't the best shoe choice as flames had been set and people were screaming and running. Evelyn kept them on though as there were many rocks and she didn't want to cut her foot but she did trip once or twice for that decision. She was sprinting as fast as she could, whimpers coming from her lips as cloaked figures marched through the field. On her third trip her head slammed right into a rock and knocked her right out.

Fred was running with George and Ginny, searching for the Port Key while also looking for the blonde girl. As they ran Fred slid to a stop on his heels as he saw a body laying behind a pile of flames. He stepped forward slightly and recognized the body to be Evelyn Malfoy. Fred quickly ran around a tent which was in pieces then to the girl who had three fires surrounding her. He picked her up effortlessly, carrying her bridal style and making sure her skirt was down. Fred moved her arm around his shoulder to keep her steady and also because he could remember her hand had touched his skin.

He ran back to George and Ginny who were about to yell at him before seeing him carrying the girl. They quickly continued and found the old shoe, grabbing it quickly and apperating to the Burrow. Fred laid Evelyn onto the couch as Molly stumbled in the room and embraced them into a hug. His mother turned and saw Evelyn sleeping soundly onto the couch and simply smiled.

"I'll get her dressed into something more comfortable." Molly told Fred who nodded and picked her up, carrying her to his parents bedroom before leaving his mother alone with her.

Molly undressed the girl in a motherly way, not paying much attention to her privates. She slipped one of Fred's sweaters onto her then a pair of black and grey plaid pants. She moved the girl onto her stomach to pull the pants up and caught sight of a mark. Molly gently pushed the sweater up and saw a long mark that looked like a scarred burn. She then noticed just below her left shoulder blade, there were words carved into her skin that were now scarred and permanent.

'slutty slytherin' was in the girls pale skin permanently. Molly grew teary eyed and quickly finished up before having Fred carry her out and into Ginny's bedroom. Ginny had agreed to sleep in her parents room for the night to give Evelyn her own bedroom. Molly told Fred about the marks on her skin and Fred frowned, his stomach falling. He went to bed that night feeling rather restless as Evelyn was now dreaming about a field of flowers and wispy clouds while dancing with a special someone.