.62 - dumbledead

J U N E   1 9 9 7

Evelyn knew the deal by now. Her Dark Mark would burn and she'd press on it to be summoned. This time when she was sent to wherever Voldemort wanted her, she found herself in Hogwarts. Her mind went back to Draco's mission and Dumbledore dying. That's when spells began to be thrown so Evelyn began to run. She decided to try and find her old headmaster to see if he was truly dead or not. After a while of mindless running she looked outside a window and found Professors and students around a body. Dumbledore's body.

They raised their wands as Harry Potter himself held Dumbledore in grief. She stood there for what felt like forever before everyone piled back into the school. She wandered mindlessly looking for someone she knew and found Alexander Burke sitting beside the Hospital Wing. Evelyn thought he was eavesdropping on people so she tried to peek inside but Burke quickly shoved her back and away from the door.

"Where have you been?" Alexander ordered in a whisper so no one inside could hear them.

"Wandering around. Dumbledore's died and I didn't have a clue what to do." Evelyn defended herself with a tone of anger as she was just confused.

"Snape has killed Dumbledore. Right off the Astronomy Tower." What was odd is that he fucking chuckled when saying that. "Potter saw the whole thing."

"Is he okay?"

"I don't know and I don't care. What I do care about is pleasing my mother. Guess what mother wants?"

"What does she want?" Evelyn knew where this was going.

"Children, my darling. Little Burke babies. And," Alexander backed Evelyn into the wall and began to trace her jaw with the lightest touch. Fred peeked out the crack in the door with George as they could hear people talking but didn't expect to see the newly wedded couple. "Once we have a pretty baby, you'll finally understand how much better I am than that blood traitor Weasley boy, and how lucky you are to have me."

"Your delusional to think I'm lucky to have you as a husband." Alexander rolled his eyes at her statement and backed off her. "Besides, what about Maria? I remember you bragged for weeks on how you both would have kids and be together."

"Who says I left her?" Burke chuckled and Evelyn did her best to not looked shocked though she couldn't help it. She knew most Death Eater husbands cheated but somehow didn't expect him to do it. It was naïve really. "We still 'hang out' a few times a week. When your asleep, of course."

"That's disgusting."

"Every husband does it. I bet Weasley would have." Alexander stepped toward her again and now more gently, lifted her chin up at him. "Or maybe he already did." Evelyn shoved his hand off her chin but before she could walk past him he'd grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "Also, I found those pills you've been taking. Birth control? Really?"

"W-well." Evelyn was caught off guard and went absolutely red, showing her dishonesty. At that point she was too stunned to make up a lie.

"I've had someone burn them for you. Now I see why it's been taking so long. Clever girl, aren't you?" Evelyn only glared at him but her brow showed her worry. She'd find another way to avoid pregnancy and he knew it as well.

Still holding Evelyn's wrist, Burke looked around the hall before apperating the two away. George knew Fred was upset as his jaw was clenched but he assured his twin he was fine. Liar.