.12 - valentines rose petal.

F E B R U A R Y   1 9 9 4

It was Valentine's Day which everyone seems to hate but Evelyn adores it. It was thankfully a Saturday and Evelyn decided to dress pretty that day. She wore a pink long sleeved top where the sleeves were puffy but she loved it. She matched this with a white mini skirt and the same shiny black heeled shoes from when she was with Fred at the window sill. Her short hair had a small pink clip on the right side of her hair, holding it back.

She walked down the halls for breakfast, her hips swaying as her hair bounced slightly with her movements. A girl was eyeing her as Evelyn made her way down a hair. The girl's eyes wandered to Evelyn's waist and her chest before her eyes where she flushed at the eye contact. Evelyn gave a little wink and turned the corner. 

She went on to turn and walk into the Great Hall as she felt the burning gaze of a few people but continued to her table. She sat down, immediately crossing her legs to avoid boys hunching down under the table, acting as if they dropped something. 

As Evelyn got her plate ready, she glanced up and saw Fred staring at her from his own table. She smiled at him softly before looking back down and continuing as Fred turned away to speak with Lee Jordan.

"You look rather pretty today." Evelyn mentally groaned at Burke as he sat beside her, handing her a small card with a corny Valentines pun. She ripped it into two pieces without a look inside. "I was asked to keep you in check. Narcissa is a bit concerned for you."

"Well, Narcissa can suck it up. I'll do as I please." Evelyn bit back and began eating her eggs, trying to calm herself down and to not be riled up on the most romantic day of the year.

"You shouldn't be dressed so... provocatively." Alexander hummed as Evelyn turned to him with confused brows and glanced down at her outfit. "You should go change. Into something more appropriate for the table."

"This is provocative?" She laughed as Alexander looked at her blankly. Evelyn grabbed a glass of red fruit punch from the girl beside her and tossed it onto his white shirt as Alexander gasped. The table went silent but filled with whispers. "Woops." Evelyn gasped, a hand over her mouth with a faked look of sadness on her face. 

She stood and spoke with the kindest tone she could muster, "You should go change. Into something more appropriate for the table." 

Fred felt his cheeks flush the color of Alexander's now stained shirt as he watched her leave the hall. He grinned and continued speaking with Angelina who went on to tease him on his cheeks.

-

That night there was a party, thrown by Ravenclaw which wasn't as unusual as some may think. Evelyn was there as usual along with most Gryffindors, majority of Ravenclaws, a few Hufflepuffs and a handful of Slytherins. 

Evelyn leant against a counter where the drinks were being served. She was awfully drunk at that point, her body warm and stumbling a bit as she stood. Her body was positioned to where her head was laying against her fisted hand that was propped up by her elbow, her other hand holding her glass of fire whiskey. 

She had been trying to catch Fred's eye with her outfit. She dressed to impress him and only him but seemed to impressed everyone but. She wore a silky pink dress with a pretty off shoulder look. It was tight fitted and her hair still had the hairclip and her usual safety pink earrings hung down as white fishnets laid tightly on her legs.

Evelyn put the drink to her lips and finished the remainder of it before standing up straight-ish and trying to grab the bottle for a refill but a hand took it first. 

Her eyes turned to a smiling Fred Weasley who looked handsome as ever. His hair was messy and he wore a dark red buttoned shirt with the sleeves rolled up above his elbows and the top few buttons undone to see his gorgeous chest.

"Evening." He said in a deep, raspy tone that made Evelyn's knees weak but she never showed it. Well, she hoped she didn't. 

She held up her glass and Fred took the lid off with his teeth and poured the drink ever so slowly. Once done Evelyn quickly brought it to her lips but Fred gently pulled it down as Evelyn gave him a glare. "Careful. Don't want any fire whiskey spilled onto that dress of yours." He glanced down at her feet and saw her silver shiny heels then to her hand that held the glass which had his ring on it.

"What is it?" Evelyn hummed drunkenly after she put the glass back down after a drink, now already half empty.

Fred gave a lovey-dovey smile, showing his pearly whites. "Whatever do you mean?"

"Why'd you come over?" Evelyn asked more clearly this time.

"Only to say hello. Is that a crime?"

"Anything's a crime with you." Evelyn sighed and finished her drink in one gulp. "More." Fred raised an eyebrow at her. "Please." She pouted her bottom lip as he caved with a sigh, filling her glass again but only halfway.

He moved beside her and snaked an arm around her waist to keep her steady and to keep other boy's eyes away who were eyeing her. He refilled her drink over and over, less and less for each pour, as they continued to speak. She was surprisingly a flirty drunk but also looked exhausted at the same time. Forty-five minutes passed but it felt like it had been merely five minutes

"Freddie." Evelyn hummed, Fred's cheeks warming at the use of a nickname. "Did you-" She hiccupped a bit and interrupted herself. "Did you know that you are very, very, very, very, pretty?" Each very progressively went lower and lower to a whisper. 

"I did not." Fred nodded at her slightly with a grin, now whispering as well. "Thank you."

"Can I ask a favor from you, Freddie?" Evelyn asked him again as Fred nodded at her, giving permission. "Would you be so sweet and nice and lovely and fall in love with me instead of Hudson. I don't like her. I like you."

"I don't love Brynn." Fred replied, taking the clip out of her hair and pocketing it before tucking her hair behind her ears and showing off the safety pin earrings. "I like you much more than her." His heart pounded against his chest as she'd just spoke out loud the words 'I like you' to him. He felt ever so happy but reminded himself she was drunk.

"That's good." Evelyn hummed. Her eyes closed briefly like she was going to fall asleep.

"Yeah, it's time for bedtime. You're a light drinker it seems." Fred said to himself and took her drink away while she whined like a child. 

He helped her out of the busy common room but soon decided to carry her bridal style to the dungeons which had been left open to his relief. He carried her up to the girl's dormitory and there were small name plaques on the walls beside each door and her dorm happened to be unlocked. Once again, Fred was filled with relief. He gently set her down in the bed with her trunk beside it and tucked her in. Her makeup wipes laid on the nightstand and he wiped off the small bit of makeup she wore before tossing the wipe to the trash. He snuck a forehead kiss and left her alone, a note at her bedside from him as well.

Evelyn woke up (awfully hungover) the next morning and read the note to herself as her head pounded for her attention.

Evelyn,

You were awfully drunk so I decided to take you to bed before anything bad happened. The common room was open and your dorm was unlocked so I welcomed myself inside. Hope you don't mind. I left you dressed of course but took off your heels and makeup, as I've heard it's not good to sleep with on. Happy (now a day late) Valentine's Day.

Love,

Freddie

Inside the note was a rose petal with a smiley face drawn on with the initials 'FGW' in black ink. A heart was at the end and was shaded in poorly.