.33 - christmas gift

D E C E M B E R   1 9 9 4

Their hands were intertwined as the two ran through the Hogwarts corridors. Fred was being pulled by Evelyn as she led him somewhere. Once he realized she was taken him to the Slytherin Dungeons he felt himself mix with confusion and his body become hotter. She led him down the stairs and into the door, whispering the passcode so he couldn't hear. She pulled him through the common room with a faint 'come on' before they arrived in to her empty dorm room.

"Give me a minute." Evelyn told him with a pant before laying on the floor, looking under her bed. To Fred's surprise she pulled out a box with writing before she handed it to him. "Happy Christmas. Or Merry Christmas."

"I didn't get you anything." Fred choked the words out as if they were an awful crime.

"You made me feel better." Evelyn answered. "Now open it already!"

Fred did just as so and found a ring which was similar to Evelyn's. The band was thicker than hers and a matching silver. It had no small detail but it did have a beautiful light red gem on top along with small diamonds dotted around the silver edging, keeping it in place.

"Evelyn-"

"It's fine Fred!" Evelyn took the bag away and tossed it into the small trash can. "I used Lucius's money anyways."

Fred snorted as Evelyn took the ring from his hands before taking his right hand and placing it onto her left one. She gently slid it onto his ring finger and Fred wiggled it as the feeling of a ring felt rather odd.

"If you keep it on it'll feel like nothings there." Evelyn explained to him with a hum.

Evelyn ended up walking Fred back to his dorm as it felt mandatory in a way. Both were quiet and only glanced at the other every so often. Once they arrived Evelyn winked before leaving him alone as she turned the corner, her ball gown still making Fred's stomach feel odd.